Holy Price Tag, Batman!

Morganthe

This weekend, I was surfing around noticing that AAFES.com & Target no longer had the Britax Parkway in Tiffany. Heck, Target didn't even have the Parkway anymore. It's all Monarch, Monarch, Monarch. :rolleyes::p

I was searching at Amazon on "Booster car seats" for a friend and what should come up, but an honest to goodness Tiffany Parkway. :D

Hello Sticker shock. :eek:

Oh and don't forget to add $24.95 for shipping. :whistle:
Tiffany Parkway sold by Toyz

Makes me really happy that I gots my own now at the previously low price of $85 from aafes.com. :love:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Whoa!!! I've seen Amazon do that before. The Crystal Rainbow Castle that Piper wanted for Hanukah was $90. I found it on ebay for my brother to buy her for $55 plus $15 shipping. A week later I looked on Amazon and they had it at $190. Just insane!!!!!

I double checked that that wasn't the Canadian site. LOL I'd go to Sears and get one and buy a cover separately and still save $75. LOL

Wendy

Yoshi

I was thinking it is a mistake because other sites still have a Tiffany Parkway for $99. I'll have to look where I saw it. NO ONE would pay that much for a PW....(I hope)

Morganthe

Weird when BRU has them for $99.99 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2535307.

And out of curiosity, which website shows the color accurately? The Amazon is shocking hot pink, but BRU and the Britax site show a much more calm pink!

BRU photo is virtually dead on for the color & fabric texture. It's a very nice seat/cover. Some of those comments on the BRU are kind of scary for how young they're placing a child into a booster seat. :(

Hmmm, I'm wondering since Britax authorizes prices, if this is an unapproved price hike that could get the seller into some serious trouble as an 'authorized dealer'. :confused::whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I got Woodstock for $49 from Amazon/LivinginComfort for my friend's kid... saw those Tiffany prices, was glad I was buying for a boy! :)

Morganthe

Thanks! No need for girl covers in my house, but have a friend who may be needing one soon.

Tell her if she wants a Tiffany, she needs to look around ASAP. All Parkways have been discontinued. Basically what's on the market is all that's left.

That's why I succumbed to purchasing the Tiffany even though dd is perfectly happy in her Regent. I have to admit it's no longer a concern if I allow a friend to care for her at her house.

Today, I had one offer to take her for an afternoon so dh & I could have some alone time before he leaves in 2 1/2 weeks. She has young kids and if she has to rush to the hospital or something emergent, dd has a booster seat now to go along with them. :thumbsup:

Morganthe

That price is only $60 more then the Canadian price for the parkway.

We pay $119.99 plus shipping .:thumbsdown:

"Only" $60 more is still a lot of money when the normal price was $99 -- sometimes with free shipping, sometimes not :shrug-shoulders:

Now saying "Only" a difference of $20 between the reg. price vs Canadian is still much better than "only" $60 between the Canadian and price gouger. ;)
You're the ones with the crazy shipping rules. Even in Germany, there would be free or reduced shipping rates in country. So don't blame Britax for the those costs, you're all on your own out there in the wilderness on that one :p ;)

elle7715

I noticed that on amazon.com this Christmas. The Fisher Price toy I got on sale at Target for $25 was listed at $170. :eek: Hope no one ordered it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC