I am officially crazy about car seats!

Auntie2Avi

I am officially crazy about car seats! I love the way that the DC matches with my gray car interior, and I do not want a Sahara regent with beige straps. I do not like the Onyx material, and the Huntington also has beige straps. I *could* get the Sahara and then buy gray/black straps, but I really do not want to buy something to make the seat the way I want it right after we get it! I am officially off my rocker!! I wish we knew more solid info about the Frontier!! Avi is holding steady in the torso height dept, but this sale will be really challenging for me!! Why can't there be any other nice cover/harness strap options!! I will probably get an Onyx Regent and then attempt to sell it when the Frontier comes out, if it is all I am hoping for.

Post your carseat craziness here!!

ADS

Mama2J

LOL I had some craziness about colors too! When I was considering buying a new car that had gray interior, I was thinking about buying new straps so they would match. But then looked on the Britax web site and realized I would have to replace not only the harness, but also the hugs, crotch strap, and harness adjuster strap! I'd have to take the whole seat apart and put it back together! And then the comfort pads still wouldn't match...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm a little bit crazy about matching too.

I have a tan interior and currently use a Regal BV with tan straps, a blue Scenera with black straps, and soon a tan and blue (I can't remember the name) Snugride with blue straps.

The only seat that really "matches" is the BV, but the others don't look too bad. :)

kellidarling

I'm right there with you...I'm already planning for the next car we buy to have a gray interior so it will match the straps on the Meghan Boulevard that we don't actually own yet! Redonk! :p

steph

Well I'm selling my Park Avenue BV for a Coomooflauge Marathon and although I am telling myself I hate the head slumping in the BV I think part of it is that I want that damn cow cover:rolleyes:.

HEVY

I got the huntington for two reasons, plushness and it matches my car. I would have liked the Madison but I didn't know the seat part of the cover was soft as it was, I thought it was more cotton-like, besides I think it would dirty easily. But it wouldn't match my car. That other one, bouquet? Now that one would be prefect.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I keep trying to decid wich of my MA covers to sell. I am addicted to covers. It is so hard to decide. I thought you has already bought your Regent :confused:. If so just buy a gray harness if you want it to match.

Auntie2Avi

We got one Regent from a small baby boutique in the area that was going out of business and had it for $200 including tax. We need one more though, to replace the DC he is using in my car.

Synchro246

Hmmmmmmmmm. That is a toughy.
Get an onyx and trade with someone for another sahara cover.
I'm obviously buying onyx--see siggy. I've mentioned it before, but I'm obsessed with matching.
My backup covers are parkave on the BV and wicker(grey) on the RA. I'm going to get a sahara cover eventually to coordinate with those.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We got one Regent from a small baby boutique in the area that was going out of business and had it for $200 including tax. We need one more though, to replace the DC he is using in my car.

Oh Ok. I did not realize the 1st one was in another car. I say get a Onyx and trade covers with someone then :twocents:

TerisBoys

My seats are driving me bonkers!

I've got tan interior, a Nauti (WHY won't Graco release a TAN cover?) and a Tan Tech FPSVB...

The Nauti just doesn't work well in the scheme of things - and I don't normally care about matching. Says the person that had a Cool Blues RA next to a Britax Elite - (green plaid cover). THAT didn't bother me. The tan/gray bit does.

Auntie2Avi

Oh Ok. I did not realize the 1st one was in another car. I say get a Onyx and trade covers with someone then :twocents:

Don't worry about it, it is a confusing situation. It is funny to me that my sister does not care at all about the color of the seat material/straps, as long as it is a good seat for Avi. I can't even discuss this with her, she will think I am crazy.

minismom

LOL Ilana! I feel the exact same way! I'm really mad they now make cowmoo MA's with tan harness!

Would the Radian80 be a good choice for Avi? I'm returning the one I got to Target and I bet they'll put it out with a discount since they don't carry it in store. Let me know if you wanna try it in your car first. It's the Mahattan cover, so perfect with grey and very soft!

Mattkarn

I know exactly what you mean, when I originally got the Vivo my car had gray interior so it matched. Then my parents got me a new car and gave my sister my older one, and my new car has tan interior. So now I have gray/black seats on tan interior, but at least the seats match each other.

Auntie2Avi

Mini, that is so sweet. I did think about the Radian but Avi is pretty broad around the shoulders so I do not know if he would fit well in the seat. I really want to try him in one, but do not want to deal with the annoying people at the baby store. When I took him to sit in the Regent they were annoying us and so I left without really playing with the seat. Let me know which Target you are returning the seat to, I would take a trip to see how much they are reducing it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, My kids are 15. But still, I have 2 car seats (that I use) and I am working on getting a husky. Then, I want a Frontier, maybe, and a Monterey, maybe.....I like them being black. I love the Onyx!

bethng

That other one, bouquet? Now that one would be prefect.

Good luck finding it! I got lucky and tracked one down but it took a while. I LOVE my blue bouquet. Was getting a little tired of pink and so was dd.

minismom

Mini, that is so sweet. I did think about the Radian but Avi is pretty broad around the shoulders so I do not know if he would fit well in the seat. I really want to try him in one, but do not want to deal with the annoying people at the baby store. When I took him to sit in the Regent they were annoying us and so I left without really playing with the seat. Let me know which Target you are returning the seat to, I would take a trip to see how much they are reducing it.

I'm returning it to the Target on La Brea. Probably later this week, since I might as well try and install it FF too, just to see if it will be a possibility in the future! All I've done with the seat was install it and sit dd in it for a quick picture. She never rode in it and the tags are still on. If you want to sit Avi in it before I return it just let me know.
I know what you mean about the stores being annoying. At target the seats are all bolted to upper shelve and at BRU you can take them down but I got in trouble for taking pics! :thumbsdown: And BRU is just FAR

libranbutterfly

You could always order onyx and then trade your sister covers ;) Let her deal with the mismatched seat.

At least your interior is a neutral color. My car interior is BLUE.

jka1217

I got excited when I installed our Uptown in DH's car because I noticed his dark grey seats had blue specks, so the blue Uptown compliments them. I didn't say anything to him about it, he already thinks I'm crazy enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC