Proud owner of a Nautilus - Finally! *Pics*

Mama2J

Friday on the way home from work, I picked it up from Walmart and put it together, and Saturday I installed it in my husband's truck. I never knew a harness adjuster could be so easy! I finally understand how the hidden harness slot thing works. This is the first time I've had a seat with an adjustable headrest. DOM is 12/19/2007.

Goodbye Cosco... Hello Nautilus! :D
IMG_5680.jpg

J was excited to have a new seat to play with:
IMG_5655.jpg

A harness adjuster even he could use:
IMG_5659.jpg

He's about even with the second slot from the bottom, and I've put the harness on the second one from the top:
IMG_5660.jpg

Here you can see where the top slot is:
IMG_5664.jpg

It's installed solidly, but the angle of the seatbelt buckle kept making the webbing twist:
IMG_5682.jpg

Couldn't get a good pic of him in the car with the way the sun was reflecting and you can't see the harness, but here is his first ride in it:
IMG_5685.jpg

ADS

Mama2J

Thanks! The seatbelt didn't twist like that on the Cosco seat. But I can see how the angle of the buckle combined with the high belt path would make it twist. Unfortunately I don't have much opportunity to play with the install since it's not in my car.

Overall, I am really happy with it though! And it matches the interior of the car, although I would have bought it regardless!

I LOVE MY GIRLS

He's about even with the second slot from the bottom, and I've put the harness on the second one from the top:

Hi,

My dd sits pretty much the same way your ds sits, and was just wondering why you have the harness on the second from top slot if hes about even with the second from bottom slot. I have my dd on the second from bottom slot because she is about even with that slot and I thought thats how she should be installed. Did I read the instructions wrong?
TIA
ps. Your ds is a cutie-pie:)

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
PP, when you are using a forward facing carseat, the harness needs to come out at or above the child's shoulders. The OP probably just speculated the child outgrowing that slot soon and so she just wanted to move them up before installing the seat. It is perfectly acceptable to leave the straps in the slots that are at the shoulders until the child's shoulders go above those slots.

Mama2J

I put it on the higher slot because this is in my husband's vehicle that J rides in about 2-3 times a month, and I don't get the opportunity to check his fit that often like I would in my car. I wouldn't want to take the chance of him going over the slot and me not know about it. If it was in my car, I would probably have used the lower slot for a while, as long as he wasn't above it. :)

Also, I figured once it was installed he would need the higher one anyway, because he is in the second to top one on the Regent which is a bigger seat.

I LOVE MY GIRLS

Thanks so much for clearing that up.

Now that I have been put on to this site and the safety of carseats and installations, I want to make sure Im doing all the right things for my dd.

Mama2J

Now that I have been put on to this site and the safety of carseats and installations, I want to make sure Im doing all the right things for my dd.

I know what you mean! If it weren't for finding this site, my son would probably be in a booster in both cars right now. But instead I have two great seats that will last him a long time. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC