Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Another swing question!

Ok, so I talked to my friend that I'm buying a swing for.
    She wants a sing over a bouncer. She decided she wants a swing that plugs in, and there are only 3 that I am aware of, all my fisher price.
    They are full size swings, but she wants the plug in feature, so she is making room for a full size swing.
    We both really like the rainforest cradle swing! We like the plug in feature (because I went through batteries each week with the swing we used, another cradle swing) and we like cradle swing because it has more motions and options than a regular swing.

Any good or bad things about this swing?
    I've read some reviews on them that say they did not swing when there was a baby in it, or they stopped swinging when the baby was like 3 or 4 months old.
    There are other 5 star reviews saying it's great and the plug in feature is awesome.

Whats your opinion?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Another swing question!

I posted about plug-in swings a few weeks ago.

We got my sister the FP glider/rocker one because it has a smaller footprint than the Rainforest one. We liked the Rainforest one, but the footprint was just too large for her house.

The glider/rocker one is VERY nice.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

I have the full size Rainforest swing and LOVE IT! I bought it a little over a year ago when they first came out and I have had no problems. I have read some reviews though where they stated the motor when out fast. I almost wonder if that is maybe from someone leaving their child continuously in the swing. I keep a newborn with me at home that is only about 7lbs and she fits in it great with no trouble. I also have the Aqaurium version and love it too just don't like the fact of buying batteries all the time. As far as not being able to use the Rainforest after about 3 or 4 months of age I can't see why not unless you use the battery option~which I noticed didn't work as well in the Aquarium as they got heavier~ and not the plug in adaptor. My DS#4 who is 17 months loves to climb in it and swing. It pulls him fine and he weighs about 25lbs! Hope this is helpful and I sure you friend will love this swing if you have the space for it!
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

CPS Technician

This one by graco is a plug in model too. The seat pops out and the frame will accept a graco infant seat.

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...P&CategoryID=5

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

I have the FP glider/rocker - my 6 month old loves it.

The only issue we have had is that it barely glides at all now. He is not even 16 lbs & the weight limit is 25, but in glide mode it seems like the weight limit is less.

In swing mode, it will not swing if he sits forward. But, if he is sitting forward (upright) then he is usually focused on something else & is ready to get out of the swing anyway.

The one caution is that, even on glide, when he was very small the lowest speed was very fast & his head would flop around. Even with the infant head support, we had to add additional support for the first couple of months.