PICS....The Kmart Scenera pattern is much different

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
than the WM one. I can't post pics until tomorrow as I did not tell DH I bought one. It is hiding in the back of my truck :whistle:.

NOW UPDATED WITH PICS:

I met new member jka1217 at Kmart to check them out. She bought one too. She opened hers when we got to her van so we could see.

The pattern actually is not true to the box picture. The cover is very pink! Much pinker than the WM one. Upon first inspection it appeared to be more padded doen the center than the WM one. They are actually about the same paddin wise.

I may have to go get pics anyway. I will add pics as soon as I can.

Kmart girly Scenera: Bright pink
2271883087_6c23bc59a9.jpg

2271883005_116a2dea6c.jpg

2271882685_b58435159c.jpg

Walmart girly Scenera:Not as bright pink
2264982239_a8264a6345.jpg

2264982123_fa9f58df36.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Re: The Kmart Scenera is much nicer

Oooh! Please do post pics!

I like the cover on the Wal-Mart one I use (it is a semi-plush navy blue), but it is still not very padded.

I like the *new* Target cover too (the dark navy one).

I haven't seen the new Kmart ones.

I can't wait to see pics! :)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Re: The Kmart Scenera is much nicer

Oooh! Please do post pics!

I like the cover on the Wal-Mart one I use (it is a semi-plush navy blue), but it is still not very padded.

I like the *new* Target cover too (the dark navy one).

I haven't seen the new Kmart ones.

I can't wait to see pics! :)

I added pic of both. The padding is acually about the same once I checked the WM one at home.

Calideedle

Ohhh, I wish there was a cover for the Marathon like the 1st pic. Yum, my DD would love that though on her Marathon!

libranbutterfly

I love that. I was thinking of calling cosco to see about getting a new pink cover for my scenera, now I don't know which one I want.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The accesories page on the back of the manual lists a new cover at $42.00. Kmart has the whole seat on sale for $40 this week.

I've never understood that. Why would a cover be more expensive than an entire seat? :confused:

Great... one more thing that is wasteful in our world. People may buy a whole new seat and trash the older one simply because of wanting a different cover. I can't say I would blame them, though. You could get a whole new seat for LESS than the new cover. :mad:

Cosco/Dorel needs to make some adjustments there.

jka1217

My DH left for work, so I got mine out to play with too. :D

I have the brown/black from Wal-Mart that comes in the bag, DOM 4/2007. The pink one is slightly more padded then the brown/black version, I have comparison photos below.

DSCN1488.jpg

Cover pulled back from brown/black
DSCN1492.jpg

Cover pulled back from pink. You can see it's a thicker material, more foamlike, at the seams.
DSCN1491.jpg

And azgirl71, are the buckles different on your two pink seats? They are very different between my two Sceneras. The Uptown I have has the same as the brown/black, the pink one is identical to the Radian buckle.

DSCN1494.jpg
DSCN1493.jpg

jka1217

The accesories page on the back of the manual lists a new cover at $42.00. Kmart has the whole seat on sale for $40 this week.

When I called Dorel last week to see about getting the new pink K-Mart cover, which wasn't available yet, I asked how much it would be to get the pink cover from Wal-Mart, and it was $24.53 including shipping.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Jenny I did notice the buckles were different. There was a thread about this a few months ago. We don't know why they changed them. Did you get the same DOM as me?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
When I called Dorel last week to see about getting the new pink K-Mart cover, which wasn't available yet, I asked how much it would be to get the pink cover from Wal-Mart, and it was $24.53 including shipping.

That makes me feel better. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC