Over head tray and seat belt

60519002_full.jpg

Isn't the tray meant to be stuck to the belt?

If not, how does the tray stay in place and not fly during an accident?

Also they claim the seat was made in 2005 - yet pictorial shows it as no longer being made after 2002.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It looks like it was reassembled incorrectly, unless that tray swings all the way forward to be in front of the seat where it should be...no, the belt has nothing to do with the tray.

I am sure that there is a crotch strap piece that hooks into the bottom of the tray, and keeps the belt and the tray together. I know the soulder and a portion of the crotch strap do not touch the tray at all.

The seller says it was made in 2005, pictorial says 2002 was the last manufacture for the Evenflo adjustable shield seats. I would also think by then the 6 year limit was in place, and therefore the seat has expired anyway.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It looks like it was reassembled incorrectly, unless that tray swings all the way forward to be in front of the seat where it should be...no, the belt has nothing to do with the tray.

The harnes should go through the shield to kepp it down, shouldn't it?
I know this is not the same seat, but see how the croch strpa comes from the shield to the buckle if you enlarge the pic?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4875437

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am sure that there is a crotch strap piece that hooks into the bottom of the tray, and keeps the belt and the tray together. I know the soulder and a portion of the crotch strap do not touch the tray at all.

The seller says it was made in 2005, pictorial says 2002 was the last manufacture for the Evenflo adjustable shield seats. I would also think by then the 6 year limit was in place, and therefore the seat has expired anyway.

See may PP. It has a link to the Evenflo OHS at Walmart.

The harnes should go through the shield to kepp it down, shouldn't it?
I know this is not the same seat, but see how the croch strpa comes from the shield to the buckle if you enlarge the pic?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4875437

That is what i thought too - it was like that many moons ago.

The seller is telling me that the harness does not touch the shield at all...but then it would surely not stay down?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sorry, had a dyslexic moment, thought I read 'seat'belt, it was just belt. It's put together WAY wrong, then, lol.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Yeah, she said belt, but meant harness.

And, if that's an Ultara (looks like it), it's not just put together wrong, it's broken. The strap attaching the shield to the rest of the harness was not detachable on Roman's Ultara I.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Sorry, had a dyslexic moment, thought I read 'seat'belt, it was just belt. It's put together WAY wrong, then, lol.

Ok, I am not loosing my mind...LOL

Yeah, she said belt, but meant harness.

And, if that's an Ultara (looks like it), it's not just put together wrong, it's broken. The strap attaching the shield to the rest of the harness was not detachable on Roman's Ultara I.

Thanks

Phew!

Thought I was wrting it wrong again.

I have asked the auction site to pull it for those reasons - someone has bid on it already and the seller seems to think it is not a problem.

It is def. an Ultara seat, not sure if it was a I or a II

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
There were two Ultara models: I and V. The Ultara V had a five point harness (think Roman Numerals where V = 5), and the Ultara I had the shield.

steph

I love more the powerpoint on the wall that is on, with nothing in it!!

(down is on, up is off - incase anyone thought it was off).

It took me a minute to figure out what powerpoint was!!! I was thinking powerpoint presentation and looking for the projection on the wall:rolleyes::eek:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
said belt, but meant harness
I was confused, too -- actually, when I scrolled over the thread Title (while still in the main Coffee Break area) & read just the li'l blurb that shows in the pop up box, I thought this was about a play tray that's supposed to attach to a vehicle seatbelt :confused::rolleyes: Thankfully, the picture helped clarify, but I still thought "belt" meant vehicle seatbelt.... Picky, I know, but to me [strap = harness] & [belt = seatbelt] only ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC