Recaro Young Sport pictures....

ADS
A

Ann

Hi

You have the best site so help full to see so many seats and good photos of them to compare....

a couple of questions if you dont mind :)

What did you think of the recaro young sport to me it seems the best and with great looks to that i think most bigger kids would like.

Also what do you think of the ridesafer vest its seems handy but i havent read much about it here it seems good for grandma,s car and such. But looked a litle complicated to put on for people who dont do it regulary.

How old is your eldest and if you dont mind me asking what seat does he use as you seem to have so many seats they could choose a different one each day LOL.

But the photos with a child sitting in them seems to be the best to see how they sit in it and how it fits and so on and my kids seemed to like it better when they see someone sitting in the seat for some reason.

Thanks for all the pics sorry if i asked to many questions.

Ann

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Not the OP, but I thought I'd comment, Ann ;)

For the $$$ of Recaro, I'd rather get other options - like a Britax convertible that can keep a child rear facing (this Recaro is only front facing) & harnessed longer (compared to what I remember about this Recaro?), then eventually a booster like the Britax Parkway (which is compared in these pictures & obviously allows more height room) ... since every graduation in carseat lessons the protection: rear facing to front facing is a significant difference in safety as is harness to booster. This is just my oppinion, though & I'm also remembering that Recaro uses some specific heavy metal (steel?) as the structure for their seats (maybe not all of them) which while supposedly increasing the safety (I don't think there is any standard comparison testing for this), it also makes the seat VERY heavy.

As for riding with Grandparents, I haven't actually seen the Ridesafer in person, but agree that it looks a bit complicated. We all like the Kid-Y with RideRyte & the 86-Y from www.ezonpro.com: easy for kids & older less carseat savvy adults who might be suffering arthritis, etc. However, sometimes it might also simply come down to what the child is willing to use & whether or not the child is capable of using it correctly without help.... I have a feeling that my 7 y.o. would like the Ridesafer better than the EZOn (she likes the whole race car driver & astronaut thing which this seems to remind me of, LOL) & I trust she'd be able to use it correctly, but my 3 y.o. would certainly not be able to buckle herself - which she can almost do in the EZOn (needs help pulling the lap belt tight). Thank goodness she also values car safety & doesn't have the notion to unbuckle herself while in motion :eek: Also, I think the Ridesafer is more $$$ than EZOn?

BTW, there are other threads about Recaro in the Coffee Break forum as well :)

U

Unregistered

The Ridesafer looks alot safer than the 86Y but iam just trying to imagine my kids running out to there grandma with Ridesafe car seats on with backpanel.
Not to mention they probly wouldnt want to take them off after they get out of the car becuase the whole racing seat deal.

I noticed in the pictures it didnt show the crutch strap i wonder if its optional i thought it was a part of putting it on.. could make it easyer..

Thanks
Sue

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've heard that for the sake of making things easier some kids do keep them on while running errands & such.... I also think the Ridesafer looks safer for small kids in families that (for whatever reason) won't use boosters, but for those who do use boosters then I think the KidY is better because the RideRyte raises the child up to where the lap belt is properly positioned - the 86Y also has it's definite benefits for more long term use with any passenger (big kids or adults) under 168# who would otherwise only have a lap belt. To me, the final decision again comes down to the basics of what fits kid, car & budget best & will be used correctly every time ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC