We made it!

Stresch

Sanna had her two year check up. The verdict: 21 pounds. We are now officially extended in our rearfacing. I thought we'd never make it.

ADS

desiree_leigh

Congrats! Your DD is gorgeous - what I wouldn't give for a 21lb 2 yr old sometimes (not to make light if there are health concerns at all there - just sometimes wish I didn't have to heft around 30+lbs!)

Splash

Good gracious... it always amazes me the size range in children. Charlie was that big by six months...
Glad she finally made it!

Stresch

Thanks, all! No health concerns, just small. Although she is suddenly veering back toward the growth chart. It is nice to be able to carry her around without throwing out my back.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Congrats! Piper was 21 pounds at 2 years as well, 24 at 3, 28 at 4, and 32 at 5. LOL You have years of rear facing ahead of you. :)

Wendy

jessclear

My DD seems to be following this growth rate as well. She only weighs around 21-22lbs at 21mo, but is already on the second slots of her DC. So she might outgrow by height early, but still plenty of RF time. I get weird looks when I tell people that I might RF her until 5yrs!

Wendy: How long did Piper RF?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
She RFed until 2.5 years in both cars, then we turned her forward. I turned her back around at 3.5 years in my car and she stayed that way until 4y8m. She did rear face one time after her fifth birthday. She was *just* under the 33 pound mark (as in we were going to a baseball game and I didn't want her to have two pretzels, that may have put her over, and I had her take her shoes off) but we needed more shoulder space in the back of my truck, so I put her in the Radian RFing so my mom and brother could sit in the back comfortably with her.

Wendy

fyrfightermomma

Congrats!! Your post actually made me feel a whole lot better to see others have little peanuts. My 2.5 y/o is a hair above 23 pounds fully dressed with a full belly. I always worry because shes not on the charts anymore...but now I know shes not the only one and she's ok :) At this rate she'll be RF until shes 6 hehe :) We didn't enter "official" ERF until 2 years 3 months. She then hit 20 pounds. Shes actually gained almost 3 #'s in the past 3 months. Its fun having a little peanut though, better on the back like you said! Whats funny is my 10 month old weighs more than her!!!! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC