Bought the Nautilas at Baby Depot

NOAHSMOM

I took the plunge and bought it today, the cover looks just like the one at Walmart, just a tad more light. The salesperson stated that she recieved them on Tuesday. I have yet to open the box. I checked at BRU and the salesperson checked his computer and they do not have an arrival date yet, so they are not coming in this month to the store in my area (but Graco said March I believe). I hope to put the BD one in Noah's dad's car and the BRU one in mine, but his dad is against it. He wants no more carseats. He wants No in a booster when he is 5 (he is annoyed that he isn't in one now), so I don't know if my plan will work. I'll see how easy it is to sell his current FPSVD's and take it from there.

When I was test driving cars last weekend I put No in his Compass booster, but the stinker was playing with his seatbelt, so I really would feel better w/him being harnessed longer. I told his dad what does it matter to him if I supply the seat, he just has to buckle him in.

ADS

sb518

Cool :thumbsup: I could never have a brand new in box car seat just sitting in my house though. :ROTFLMAO:

NOAHSMOM

1.5 hrs later and it is assembled and installed in my car (kiddo is gone until Sunday). Here are a couple of pics in case anyone was interested in the Matrix.

005.jpg
[/IMG]

006.jpg
[/IMG]

ZephyrBlue

ooo, i like that one better than our walmart version. i am waiting on the one at bru, too. hopefully early march!

zactayaus

I picked up my GN last night from walmart. I installed in my 2000 Suburban tonight. I will try it in my husbands 2006 Silverado crew cab on Sunday or Monday.

NOAHSMOM

Update: Today he took his second ride in the seat. He is liking it and has no complaints. I have it installed w/o the recline and I could move him down to the second slot from the bottom (I thought he would fit in the second slot from the top due to how he fit in his last carseat). The only thing I am not liking is that he sits on the crotch buckle when he slides in. He says that he is comfortable and was not sad when I sold his FPSVD today.:thumbsup:

You can see his happiness here:

005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

004.jpg
[/IMG]

zactayaus

Just a quick question. Is the headrest supposed to up so high? I thought the red seat belt guides were supposed to be at or just above the childs shoulders or is that only for booster mode? Does it not matter? I've only had the seat for a couple of days so I don't know.

NOAHSMOM

I believe that the at the shoulder height is regarding booster mode.
The headrest is positioned above the slot that I have the harness coming out of. But, my son my be a smidge under the slot below it, so if that holds out to be true I will change the slot and the headrest. It is also important (1 reason that I bought the seat) to me that his head is fully enclosed in the seat (that's why I didn't like his fit in the FPSVD). Like many people have said I don't think the red adjusters would hurt him. But I will look into it. Is your ds on the second to the bottom slots?

ETA: When I first had it installed I had it reclined, so he fit different in it yesterday. It seemed too reclined so I changed it and that's when he seemed to have gained the extra room.

zactayaus

Yes my DS is on the second to the bottom slots with just a tiny bit of grow room there. I also have it in the full recline position because I can't seem to get a rock solid fit in the seating position I perfer him in (center of second row) without the recline being fully extended. He does not seem to mind though, but when I have more time I'm going to mess with it some more and see if I can get a good install without the recline.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC