Cleaning the Nauti

TerisBoys

I fell out of love with my Nauti tonight.

Ry's got a stomach bug. On our way home he puked all over his seat AND wet his pants to boot.

The only way to undo 2 of the elastic jobbies on the seatpad is to take the back off the seat (they hook on the bottom of the arms that hold the harness). And the levers to do so are under the seatpad - which was something that I really didn't want to handle that much.

I'll report on how well it stood up to washing (machine wash gentle cycle per owner's manual, hang dry) once it's done and dry.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I fell out of love with my Nauti tonight.

Ry's got a stomach bug. On our way home he puked all over his seat AND wet his pants to boot.

The only way to undo 2 of the elastic jobbies on the seatpad is to take the back off the seat (they hook on the bottom of the arms that hold the harness). And the levers to do so are under the seatpad - which was something that I really didn't want to handle that much.

I'll report on how well it stood up to washing (machine wash gentle cycle per owner's manual, hang dry) once it's done and dry.

I don't love anything that's covered in puke or poop unless I gave birth to it :love:

amy919

Please let us know how you make out. I hope he's feeling better soon! While I was putting the seat together, I thought about what a nightmare it would be to take the whole cover off to wash it with all those clip dealios. They sure didn't make it easy.

abacus2

My dd also got the stomach bug all over her GN the other day. It was a pain to take the whole thing apart to get the cover off, but I found that being able to separate the back from the base made it easier for me to get the seat itself thoroughly clean.

Holly

Thanks for mentioning that! Maybe I'll be leaning more towards the true fit since it's supposed to have an easy off cover!

TerisBoys

Thanks for mentioning that! Maybe I'll be leaning more towards the true fit since it's supposed to have an easy off cover!

Oh - mine's easier off now - I didn't re-hook those 2 straps underneath. There's a set of hook-eyes that didn't have corresponding straps so mine now connect there (which I *think* the manual is showing).

It washed ok. Even after machine washing there were still some crusty spots - they came off today with a baby wipe so I'm not sure what that's all about.

I do like that I can take JUST the seatpad off without messing with the harness now that I have the elastics where they're supposed to be. Of course, last night we had a full blown mess to deal with, but we do have potty accidents where just the butt-pad would need to come off sometimes.

Lara

I do like that I can take JUST the seatpad off without messing with the harness now that I have the elastics where they're supposed to be. Of course, last night we had a full blown mess to deal with, but we do have potty accidents where just the butt-pad would need to come off sometimes.

That is awesome!! My dd likes to put her feet up in her seat (and the occasional potty accident), and I find myself dismantling my marathon all the time because it gets really dirty. Just being able to wash the bottom part would be great! Okay, I really need this seat now :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC