Sunshine Kids "Buggy Buddy"

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Hmmmm. Must get sone soon. LOL.

I agree I totally need a Zapp to go with it. :whistle: The teal color is divine IRL.

You think it would attach to a RN for in the car? :cool:

You will ove te Zap if you get one. I have the European model 3 wheels. Lovinwaves has the US model with 4 wheels. Our handle heights are the same. She says her 4 wheel is nic. However it is just as tippy as the 3 wheeler. You just have to watch how much weight you put over he handles. Like if you hang a diaper bag on it or something.

lovinwaves

You will ove te Zap if you get one. I have the European model 3 wheels. Lovinwaves has the US model with 4 wheels. Our handle heights are the same. She says her 4 wheel is nic. However it is just as tippy as the 3 wheeler. You just have to watch how much weight you put over he handles. Like if you hang a diaper bag on it or something.

You know what...When I talked with you I had just put DD in there. But, the other day I pushed it around with 27lb ds in there, and it wasn't as tippy as I thought.

OTOH, he fell backwards at Wendy's :eek: But that's because he used his legs to push off of DH, and it tipped backwards. I did have the Skip Hop on the back of it at the time. If he hadn't of pushed off on DH I think it would be fine.

Maybe because DD is significantly taller, is why it feels more tippy? :confused:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
You know what...When I talked with you I had just put DD in there. But, the other day I pushed it around with 27lb ds in there, and it wasn't as tippy as I thought.

OTOH, he fell backwards at Wendy's :eek: But that's because he used his legs to push off of DH, and it tipped backwards. I did have the Skip Hop on the back of it at the time. If he hadn't of pushed off on DH I think it would be fine.

Maybe because DD is significantly taller, is why it feels more tippy? :confused:

That is great!! Maybe it is DD height that makes it "top heavy". I am thinking baout selling my Kolcraft Contours. Tucker is taller than the seat. She likes it ok, but prefers to have the support like she gets in the other stollers.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I opted for the Buggster over the Zapp because I wanted recline and a decent basket. The Buggster ROCKS! Not tippy at all, I've had heavy shopping bags on each handle and a diaper bag and it still doesn't tip. Also it came with a boot which is nice for protecting babe's legs from the wind in cold weather, when running from the car to the mall, etc. Also has a UV net and a rain cover which I'll use a little less since this is my mall stroller, but I've been loving it so much I might start using it for other situations. Oh, and we use the Buggy Buddy on the Buggster.

tmlr

LOVINWAVES,
Thanks for the review. Always interested in finding good products!

Question - do you think the Buggy Buddy would be sturdy enough for fountain drinks and/or coffee drinks? I just got a Joovy and I already miss the parent tray from my Metrolite stroller that I used for drinks-on-the-go!

Thanks!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
LOVINWAVES,
Thanks for the review. Always interested in finding good products!

Question - do you think the Buggy Buddy would be sturdy enough for fountain drinks and/or coffee drinks? I just got a Joovy and I already miss the parent tray from my Metrolite stroller that I used for drinks-on-the-go!

Thanks!
Oh ya, it's totally sturdy enough. Although, I likely wouldn't put a disposable cup full of coffee up there, just because it's above your child's head and if someone in the mall every smashed into you or crashed their cart into you, you never know what could happen with that hot cup of coffee! We do use it for our stainless steel travel mugs of hot liquids all the time. But ours seal to 100% leakproof, so no risk of hot liquid on a child's heat. But it certainly is sturdy enough to hold both disposable and stainless steel mugs.

tmlr

I definitely agree with you on the hot liquids!

That's great it's so sturdy. I wish I had asked you earlier - I saw the Buggy Buddy in a store and asked the staff there about it, and they thought for sure it would NOT be sturdy. I ended up buying a screw on cup holder, and it even took 2 different ones to find one that fit. I may need to go back and get the Buggy Buddy based on your recommendation...

Thanks!

Niea

I like the looks of this Buggy Buddy! I need something for my Mac Volo and Bumbleride Flyer.

Where did you buy it? I want to find it locally because the SunshineKids websites wants $6 shipping!

lovinwaves

I like the looks of this Buggy Buddy! I need something for my Mac Volo and Bumbleride Flyer.

Where did you buy it? I want to find it locally because the SunshineKids websites wants $6 shipping!

That's where I got mine..from the Sunshine Kids website. Fast shipping. Heh, I would have paid 10 more dollars for mine(that's how much I am lovin' this product) :D

I did do a quick internet search before I purchased and couldn't find any cheaper prices.

Niea

That's where I got mine..from the Sunshine Kids website. Fast shipping. Heh, I would have paid 10 more dollars for mine(that's how much I am lovin' this product) :D

I did do a quick internet search before I purchased and couldn't find any cheaper prices.

In that case, I guess I'll suck it up and pay the shipping. It just sounds like something BRU would carry. . .

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have two stroller organizers...

The Maclaren...
barebabies-store_1989_5865529

The Graco...

They are great, but they get in the way of my umbrella-fold strollers. :(

Niea

The organizer I currently have is an Eddie Bauer one from Target, but it's very very similar to the Maclaren one. I use it on my Volo.

The main reason I don't like it is that it blocks access to the basket! I like the SK one because it's short and small so I can still get to the stuff in the basket.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thought I'd update that my Buggy Buddy was defective. The joint where the wire connects came undone. Sunshine Kids was happy to replace it for me. Unfortunately, the new one they sent me did the same thing after about a week. :( I didn't report it to Sunshine Kids this time.

SillyLily

Thought I'd update that my Buggy Buddy was defective. The joint where the wire connects came undone. Sunshine Kids was happy to replace it for me. Unfortunately, the new one they sent me did the same thing after about a week. :( I didn't report it to Sunshine Kids this time.

I had the same thing (or something similar) happen to mine. One of the velcro loop things that attaches it to the handle-bar came right off. I was very disappointed, and a little annoyed because we were at the aquarium when it fell off with a bunch of stuff in the basket/cupholders. I didn't bother asking sunshine for a replacement, and threw it away. I have another one that I use on our other stroller that I expect to break eventually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC