Pictures of the Recaro Young Style booster seat

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Thanks, Lisa!

Do you by chance have a photo of the PW and YS back-to-back? I'd be interested to compare the depth of the head and torso wings.

threerugratz

I added some pics to help compare the head and torso wings. I did do some quick measurements and the PW headwings are approx. 7" from seatback, the Style is approx. 7.5". The torso wings on the Parkway are approx. 7.5", the Style is approx. 6.5". It's hard to measure accurately because the Style is so padded and I don't know how much compression from the child might change that measurement.
Another thing I want to mention in case it was missed in the picture description of the Turbo, PW and Style at highest setting.....It appears the Parkway is much taller but the Parkway base is also taller by approx. 1.5" than the Styles. I measured from base to shoulder belt guide and for the Parkway I got 18.5", for the Style I got 19.5" so it seems the Style has more seat height even though the picture makes the Parkway look like it has more. My ds is 42" and is on the lowest setting of the Style.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thanks again for the photos.

From the pictures, it seems the Parkway is a bit narrower, especially at the base. Do you think it's enough to help in a narrow 3-across setup?

threerugratz

Darren
From my measurements (there is margin for my error, lol), the PW at the back of the base is approx. 12", it gets wider as you move to the front and ends up being about 16 3/4" at the front. I think the lack of armrests help a bit but I don't have a 3 across situation. And honestly, the back bench of my Ford Windstar isn't that wide, the area where the cupholders are take away from what could be seat room. For the Style I get about 15" at the back of the base and 17" at the front.
Correction to some measurements earlier in this thread....I measured the height from seat base to shoulder guide of the Parkway and it seems I made a mistake. I have a Parkway in the Express cover from BRU and used that one to measure. Later, when I tried to lower the backrest I realized my backrest guide is broken which I think affected the height. So I measured my new Cougar PW today and the measurement I get for it from base to belt guide is 20", I get 19.5" for the Style and for the Recaro Sport I get approx. 20" as well.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Ok I'm looking to buy my new boosters now. I might just go for one of each, PW for thinner DD in our narrow Outback and YS for DS in the van. I'm curious about the bottom of the seats. Does either one have any rough corners or sharp edges that might crease my new leather seats or leave gouges?

dvmroth

My son has the parkway which we love, but when he uses it in carpool I notice that when an adult picks it up by the top they compress the bar on the top that adjusts the height. So it ends up being taller than what he needs, which clearly makes it not a proper fit (read:safe) for him. Can you please tell me if whatever it is you press to adjust the height on the young start is in a different location? Or if you think the problem would be the same? Any other feedback or solutions to my problem would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, my parents did that at first, too - I just pointed it out to them & stressed that it's better to lift by the wings that surround her tummy ;)

threerugratz

The height adjustment on the Style is under the cover on the front of the seat. (You said young start but I'm assuming you meant the Style....if not just ignore my rambling, lol.) For the Style you have to lift the head pad cover to get to the height adjustment so it's not something someone would accidentally do. I took a picture to show it.... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=/58da&.dnm=c930.jpg&.src=ph Here's a picture showing it in a different adjustment, my son is still in the lowest height adjustment so this pic shows it better... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=/58da&.dnm=64d0.jpg&.src=ph

threerugratz

Darren, the Style has a pretty smooth bottom (but not flat like the PW) that doesn't look as if it would damage/gouge seats....except for one part at the back of the base. Here are two pics, one showing the bottom as well as one showing the part at the back. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=/58da&.dnm=e908.jpg&.src=ph and http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=/58da&.dnm=9ef0.jpg&.src=ph
I don't really know what the part sticking down is for or why it's even necessary. I don't think it has created any problems with my vehicle seats. I'm thinking since it's at the very back of the seat that it may not compress into the vehicle seat because there isn't alot of pressure there since the Style base and back is being supported by the vehicle seat.

Last edited:

dvmroth

Thank you so much for the photos! I'm needing to buy an additional booster and it looks like this will solve my carpool problems! (and I did type "start" instead of "style"--whoops!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC