Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

BJCS Elite Colors--Opinions wanted!

OK, after a lot of agonizing I have decided to go with the BJ City series Elite single. I have a question about colors, though. I prefer the black, but am worried that I will cook my child in the summer. We live in Northern Cal. and spend lots of time in Hawaii. The City Elite only comes in 4 colors. I don't like the brown/tan combo nor the black/tan. I think the red is ok--I am not wild about it. Should I just go for the black or would that be a mistake?

Thanks!
    Jessie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: BJCS Elite Colors--Opinions wanted!

We live in MO and our Summer's reach 100degrees. I have never had any issues with my black being too hot. Now on the other hand I have heard people regret their decision in getting black.

Now remember the sunshades on the Baby Jogger are AMAZING! That is going to keep most of the sun out, and keep the buckles, and fabric cooler.

Another thing you can do is order the black, and then if you don't like it call Baby Jogger about exchanging your fabric out for a different color. You could also maybe find someone willing to trade you, or sell their skins.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jb5416 View Post
    OK, after a lot of agonizing I have decided to go with the BJ City series Elite single. I have a question about colors, though. I prefer the black, but am worried that I will cook my child in the summer. We live in Northern Cal. and spend lots of time in Hawaii. The City Elite only comes in 4 colors. I don't like the brown/tan combo nor the black/tan. I think the red is ok--I am not wild about it. Should I just go for the black or would that be a mistake?

Thanks!
    Jessie
    I don't really like the two tone red (but then, it isn't my stroller ;-)). Just go with what you like

Nathan - FF-ing in a Frontier
    Logan - RF-ing in a Boulevard
    Megan - RF-ing in a Boulevard

Carseat Crazy

Yeah, Kim. That's my problem too. I really don't care for the red--the black is the only color I care for, but I am worried about baking my son in the summer....

Thanks, all, for your input.
    Jessie

Im in southern california and am going to be ordering the bjcs elite in black soon. I dont have a problem putting the kids in the car with their black carseats so Im sure theylle do fine in the stroller.