Pics of dd 3 in EFTA, 3 in 1 and Touriva

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Pics of dd 3 in EFTA, 3 in 1 and Touriva *Updated w/new pics*

I was at Big Lots yesterday and they had an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 seat and a Touriva on display, so I tried dd 3 in them and snapped some pics with my camera phone. DD 3 is 4 1/2, 40 3/4" tall with a 14 3/4 torso and about 45# (50% for height and about 80% for weight on the CDC growth charts).
DISCLAIMER: *She is too heavy to actually ride in a vehicle in these first two seats!!*
Touriva:
0213081428.jpg

0213081429b.jpg

0213081429.jpg

Eddie Bauer 3 in 1:
0213081433.jpg

0213081434a.jpg

0213081434.jpg

The pics of the EFTA I took in Dec 07. She was about the same height and weight then.
1207071357.jpg

1207071358.jpg

1207071357a.jpg

SO....shockingly she has a bit of height room in the 3 in 1!! The Touriva she is just right about at the top harness slot. In the EFTA she has a few inches to grow in the torso yet. I think I need to keep a tape measure in my purse so I can start measuring seats....does that make me weird?! LOL

Last edited:
ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
She actually does NOT have room in the 3 in 1. I can see from your picture that you have the headrest set in the topmost position and that is for booster mode *only*. The correct top most harness position would have been about 2" lower. :(

Stretchy Glue

She actually does NOT have room in the 3 in 1. I can see from your picture that you have the headrest set in the topmost position and that is for booster mode *only*. The correct top most harness position would have been about 2" lower. :(

Good catch. I am so used to the old 3-1's that I never noticed that. I can spot an old 3-1 too high in a split second, but have never had a new one to play with.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Good catch. I am so used to the old 3-1's that I never noticed that. I can spot an old 3-1 too high in a split second, but have never had a new one to play with.

The second the red tabs are not right AT the top of the shell, you know it's too high... since they are in the air, it's too high. :)

OP: She's adorable by the way! :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've been corrected on the top headrest for the 3-in-1 before, it seems it actually does stick up a bit when in the top useable slots...:confused: (and we put Becky's big 3 yo in it and she had room to grow a month ago...I think they HAVE gotten taller recently!)

Anyway, your dd is too cute for words!!!!

Stretchy Glue

I've been corrected on the top headrest for the 3-in-1 before, it seems it actually does stick up a bit when in the top useable slots...:confused: (and we put Becky's big 3 yo in it and she had room to grow a month ago...I think they HAVE gotten taller recently!)

I was wondering if they've gotten a little taller too. They seem to be lasting longer than they used to.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member

Maybe the op can clarify if she checked this for us. All of the recent ones I've checked have had the red tabs just slightly over the top of the shell... this one looks to be a few inches above the shell. :confused:

monzogary

Senior Community Member
This is not true, I am fully aware of this and I purposely checked the back and carefully put the headrest up until it was in the second to last setting (unless I am really blind or something!). This is why I was so shocked that she had any room in it. As it is I am VERY surprised she still fit height-wise in the Touriva as well. I know for a fact that the older 3 in 1s had a pretty short top usable harness height, but when I tried my middle dd in them both the same day after the "elite" models came out, she had more room in them than the older style by more than an inch.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
This is not true, I am fully aware of this and I purposely checked the back and carefully put the headrest up until it was in the second to last setting (unless I am really blind or something!). This is why I was so shocked that she had any room in it. As it is I am VERY surprised she still fit height-wise in the Touriva as well. I know for a fact that the older 3 in 1s had a pretty short top usable harness height, but when I tried my middle dd in them both the same day after the "elite" models came out, she had more room in them than the older style by more than an inch.

:eek: Wow! Thanks for the clarification. That's really cool if they have made the top harness position taller.

Our next public event isn't until April, but I'm sure I'll have a ton of AO's to look at. ;) :) Looks like I may not have bad news for all those parents with them. :D

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Now y'all are making want to go back and take another look! You're making me second guess myself. I only decided to try her in the 3 in 1 when I saw that she still fit in the Touriva height-wise. I went back around to the other side of the display area and looked at the back of the seat while I turned and pulled up on the red tabs. I could swear I put them in the second to top setting - I even looked closely to see if the embossed warning was in the seat that says the top setting is for booster mode only. AAHH, I don't want to go out again today, I must resist the temptation to double check right now ROFL.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
OK so here is a pic of dd 2 in the Alpha Omega Elite when it came out. The harness is in the second to top usable spot in this picture and the red tabs are even with the seat back.
39830995805_0_ALB.jpg

Here is a close up of the harness height (second to top setting)
20850895805_0_ALB.jpg

And here is a pic in the old 3 in 1 from the same day, she was AT (maybe even almost over) the second to top usable setting
98023895805_0_ALB.jpg

And thanks to everyone for the kind comments about dd 3!

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The pics aren't working.

If that is the highest useable top harness setting, then I wonder how high the booster mode now goes?

henrietta

My dn's AOE from 2005 has top slots (the useable ones!) at 15 3/4" tall. It would likely fit a kiddo w/14 3/4" torso.

Their older AO had the 14" or so top slots and definitely didn't last as long.

That said, dn no longer uses his AOE at all, b/c he's too big for it at 2.5 yrs (35 lbs and 42" tall w/super long torso!). We have it for ds instead, b/c we traded them our Fisher Price SVD to keep dn harnessed--can't wait to get it back!!

henrietta

monzogary

Senior Community Member
OK, so I went to WalMart in search of the elusive Nautilus (of which I will post another thread) and I went ahead and put Laura in the two 3 in 1 seats they had on the shelf. The darker one is an Alpha Omega Elite and the lighter one is the Safety 1st version without the easy front adjusting headrest. Both seats have the harness in top usable slot as is shown in the pictures. So these seats do have to have top harness heights of about 15" or so.
Alpha Omega Elite
0218081847b.jpg

0218081847.jpg

0218081848.jpg

Safety 1st
0218081854.jpg

0218081855.jpg

0218081855a.jpg

And once again the disclaimer:
THIS CHILD IS TOO HEAVY TO USE THIS SEAT HARNESSED

So I hope this clears up any confusion with this seat, as I have now sat her in 3 different models of this Dorel seat, and she fits the same in each. And no, I didn't have a tape measure with me or I would have actually measured! I didn't think of it bcause we just went out for dinner and I didn't think of stopping at WalMart until we were already out lol.

Stretchy Glue

Okay, so the 3-1 are getting better. Not great still for the price, but still, decent. What is the Scenera top slot again? Is it 15"? Now I won't be cringing when I see one come in to a clinic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC