Pink Scenera at KMart!

ADS

jka1217

I saw this post this morning and went to the K-Mart here to check them out. They had 7-8 boxes of them here! From what I could tell, the price is the same as the other brown pattern they have, $49.99. DD was a little fussy, so I didn't have time to do an actual price check at the register. They didn't have one on display and I didn't want to open a box without buying one, but the picture on the box is a completely different pattern than the one at Wal-Mart. Looks more of a purpley-pink and has a different flower pattern. I snapped a couple pictures of the picture on the box.

0214081142.jpg

0214081142a.jpg

Oh, if only I had a good reason to get this for DD. I have the boring brown/black one from Wal-Mart.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Oh, if only I had a good reason to get this for DD. I have the boring brown/black one from Wal-Mart.

I agree it look more purple and the sloers are differnt sizes. it looks like it may have more padding on the cover too.

You have a girl and she deserves to have a pretty pink seat. I think that is a good reason ;)

ETA: to add pics of my Scenera. DOM: 08/15/07....Please note the weapon int thecorner of pick is kept in a locked room unloaded. The Scenera was in DH home office.

2264982281_52e36d2aa7.jpg

2264982239_a8264a6345.jpg

tjham

Wow, they ARE different! Weird!

I actually like the pattern on the Walmart one better!

KMart did not have one on display and the ones at Walmart are in bags so I don't know if there is any difference to the padding.

I think that they should put a little black into the design so that the straps and base don't look so out of whack. I mean, like put little black dots in the center of the flowers, or outline some of the flowers in black, KWIM?

jka1217

azgirl71 - We have 4 car seats for her already, 1 in my car, 1 in DH's car, 1 at grandma's house, and 1 at home for just in case. I think DH would think I've lost my mind if I came home with another one.

But, I decided it was worth a shot to see how much a replacement cover would be. To get the pink one from Wal-Mart, it would be $24.53, shipping included. But the pink one at K-Mart isn't in the system yet, she said that the plusher ones can cost around $100, and to call back in a couple days to see if it hit the system yet. I don't believe it will be $100 since the seat only retails for $49.99, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Oh, and apparently it wouldn't fit my seat anyway. My Scenera is the brown/black from Wal-Mart and was manufactured 4/2007. I'm wondering if they made a change to the seat for 2008 or if there is a difference in the shell for the models sold in different stores? I didn't think to ask that, maybe I will when I call back to see the price on this other cover.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
azgirl71 - We have 4 car seats for her already, 1 in my car, 1 in DH's car, 1 at grandma's house, and 1 at home for just in case. I think DH would think I've lost my mind if I came home with another one.

But, I decided it was worth a shot to see how much a replacement cover would be. To get the pink one from Wal-Mart, it would be $24.53, shipping included. But the pink one at K-Mart isn't in the system yet, she said that the plusher ones can cost around $100, and to call back in a couple days to see if it hit the system yet. I don't believe it will be $100 since the seat only retails for $49.99, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Oh, and apparently it wouldn't fit my seat anyway. My Scenera is the brown/black from Wal-Mart and was manufactured 4/2007. I'm wondering if they made a change to the seat for 2008 or if there is a difference in the shell for the models sold in different stores? I didn't think to ask that, maybe I will when I call back to see the price on this other cover.

I am proud to admit I have a car seat addiction. I think you should but one or get a cover ;)

Stretchy Glue

I saw one yesterday and they do look really nice. I need to buy two Sceneras, but for boys. I can't wait for a friend to have a girl so I can buy a pink one! I bought a foofy cover my my niece's FPSVD, and I was trying for the Pink Scenera as her 2nd seat, but BIL would not have a pink seat in his truck. I did talk them into the black and grey EFTA at K-Mart. It matched his truck beautifully.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I saw one yesterday and they do look really nice. I need to buy two Sceneras, but for boys. I can't wait for a friend to have a girl so I can buy a pink one! I bought a foofy cover my my niece's FPSVD, and I was trying for the Pink Scenera as her 2nd seat, but BIL would not have a pink seat in his truck. I did talk them into the black and grey EFTA at K-Mart. It matched his truck beautifully.

Did you open the box to see if it was more puch than the WM one?

jka1217

Oh goodness, I think it's fate!

I opened the K-Mart ad this morning..page 4 has Sceneras on sale for $39.99, and pictured is the regular brown one and the pink one!

K-Mart 2/17 Ad For some reason, Page 4 is listed as page 5.

I wish it was a $35 sale, but I think I'm going to take the plunge if they still have them there today!

miraclebabies

The picture of the pink one at Kmart is different than the one they carry at Walmart. It is alot better at Kmart and it is cheaper than the $43 at Walmart.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Oh goodness, I think it's fate!

I opened the K-Mart ad this morning..page 4 has Sceneras on sale for $39.99, and pictured is the regular brown one and the pink one!

K-Mart 2/17 Ad For some reason, Page 4 is listed as page 5.

I wish it was a $35 sale, but I think I'm going to take the plunge if they still have them there today!

In this town...Yes they will still be there. LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC