OK, I'm an idiot, I can't my MA cover off!!

MommyofBoogieBear

i have read the manual, and still can't do it! so at the risk of sounding really stupid (as you nod your head!)...i need help! The black thing on the back....does that come off?? I can't believe this is the first time i have ever tried to clean the cover (boy it hides dirt well).....but i'm at the point i really need to clean it.

i know i'm a complete idiot....but i don't want to break anything....

help?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I don't believe that part comes off.

I usually loosen the harness so the splitter plate is above that black plate, undo the harness straps, pull them through, pull them thought the hip slots and then take out the buckle from underneith by pulling it down and then turning the clip sideways and then shoving it back through the slot. HTH :)

MommyofBoogieBear

yes, Jewels, that helps! now...for my next idiotic question.....do i have to uninstall the seat to do that? we have it in there so good right now...i don't want to move it...but i will (and it would give me a good excuse to clean the Cheerios that are underneath!)

thanks for your quick responses....i'll give it a whirl tomorrow when it's light out....

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
No do not take the black thing off. Pull the adjustor up and loosen your harness. Then tip you MA upside down and you shoul be able to pull the adjustor strap up to access the splitter plate.

Tip: when removing the belly pad take the buckle off the seat or you will rip the stichining. ALso when putting your cover back on make sure you thread the harness through the same slots on the shell and the cover. It is easy to theread the 1st slot on the cover throuhg the second slot on the shell.

the big black solid piece....that hides the straps (is that the yoke that it hides?)

if it is the thin plate over the straps Yolk cover it should be able to come off - it is of on my 05 MA. (unless it has changed between 05 and 07?)

If it is the bar between the belt slots (running across) then that does not come off.
Manual shows it as peice 21 and calls it a belt guard lol

red circle or blue?

maback.jpg

Jewels

Senior Community Member
the big black solid piece....that hides the straps (is that the yoke that it hides?)

Yes, it keeps the straps from getting caught on the back of the seat (I think). If you loosen the straps the splitter plate will go above it so you can undo the harness.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
yes, Jewels, that helps! now...for my next idiotic question.....do i have to uninstall the seat to do that? we have it in there so good right now...i don't want to move it...but i will (and it would give me a good excuse to clean the Cheerios that are underneath!)

thanks for your quick responses....i'll give it a whirl tomorrow when it's light out....

No question is a idiotic question! We learn by asking. You needed to know and chances are someone else has/had the same question ;)

CandCfam

With it RF, you don't need to uninstall it to remove the cover. Loosen the harness all the way, bring the spliter plate up and slip the harness loops off then unthread the harness from the slots and cover, slip the cover off, wash, dry, repeat removal process backwards.;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
With it RF, you don't need to uninstall it to remove the cover. Loosen the harness all the way, bring the spliter plate up and slip the harness loops off then unthread the harness from the slots and cover, slip the cover off, wash, dry, repeat removal process backwards.;)

How do you get the crotch strap off when it is RF?

MommyofBoogieBear

RED circle!!! (cool how you did that!)

also....it is still RF......nice to know i don't have to uninstall it!!!
and GREAT tip on the buckle for removing the pad. that was another frustration i had...and couldn't get it out....the manual didn't seem to be any help on that one either! (well, for me anyway!). thanks for your help!!!!

crunchierthanthou

if it is the thin plate over the straps Yolk cover it should be able to come off - it is of on my 05 MA. (unless it has changed between 05 and 07?)

If it is the bar between the belt slots (running across) then that does not come off.
Manual shows it as peice 21 and calls it a belt guard lol

red circle or blue?

maback.jpg

red circle. I think they've changed it. It used to practically pop off on its own on my 2005 and 2006 RAs and I couldn't get it off without a lot of work on my 2007 MA. It's also more squared than rounded. Like the PPs said, you don't need to remove it. Just loosen the harness all the way so you can reach the splitter plate above it.

They also changed the belly pads. My older ones slide off without any problem, but the newer ones won't fit over the buckle. Either that or their quality control isn't all we think it is. ;) The videos on britaxusa.com show to take the buckle out in the one about removing the cover.

MommyofBoogieBear

by the way.... i might have some more questions when i put all this advice into action.
i will just keep refering to these replies....and hope i can do it. If i have to uninstall it to make my life easier, i will though.

I can get my buckle off without taking it out by kinda twisting the fabric to an angle and then wriggling it out. I have done this on many seats.

(Like getting chest clips off, on an angle!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC