Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    It looks like that issue was from 2008, so likely long resolved or forever unresolved. This thread is supposed to be for the reporting of problem swappers, not for general dispute-solving information.
    As per the original post, this thread is to be used to try to resolve disputes that have stalled in messages or emails, or to post about transactions that were not completed at all and the other party can no longer be reached or no longer responds.

If a transaction is completed but had issues of one sort or another, then iTrader feedback is the more appropriate place to report this. Feedback will generally be removed from this thread if a transaction is completed and it appears some cleanup is probably due.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Bumping for more current potential issues.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Hi Ladies, I'm having a problem swap.
    I traded my Julia GN for an Alma MR 6 weeks ago. I mailed my seat within a couple days. I'm STILL waiting for mine.

I traded with Haley.78

I've tried to be really nice about this, and I have gave her chance after chance to mail it before I reported this. I have been given several excuses for not sending it out, always with a promise to mail it soon. Last Wednesday she said she would send it on that Friday, and PM me a tracking #. I have not received the tracking # or a PM saying she sent the seat.

I've left a couple PM's asking weather she sent the seat or not, and she has not responded. She HAS been signed on though.

There's not much that can be done, but just wanted to let others know. I'm very disappointed, as this was my 1st trade here. My little one is almost 4mos old and this was to be her seat.

Anyway, at this point I don't expect to get the seat. If Haley does ever send it, I'll report back.

Thanks for reading, Kelley

Are you referring to Haley.h87?

http://www.car-seat.org/member.php?u=21393

If so, she signed in today at 2:42pm.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

Yes, thank you, I am speaking of that Haley. I seen she signed on earlier. I have left her several PM's {all nice} asking for a tracking # since Friday. I waited until after I seen she signed in to give her another chance to respond to my PM's to make this right.

I don't like "telling" on people, but after 6 weeks, I felt I had no choice.

Thanks for taking the time to look her up.

Kelley

I love how she lists your nauti in her "about me" as well as the MR

So sorry mama - hope you eventually get your seat. And FYI just in case this never gets resolved - Target has MR on clearance for $56 if you can find one. ((hugs))
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

Thanks, I checked out target. Nothing. Our store carries very few seats. I'm looking into a few other seats though. I'm selling off a few things first.

Kelley

I wonder if she just doesn't have the cash to ship the seat? Still doesn't make it ok by any means but that could explain how he keeps putting it off and not getting it done.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. There are many lovely people on the board and many good trading experiences. :-)
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Senior Community Member tracee877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty4Knowledge View Post
    I wonder if she just doesn't have the cash to ship the seat? Still doesn't make it ok by any means but that could explain how he keeps putting it off and not getting it done.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. There are many lovely people on the board and many good trading experiences. :-)
    This is my guess according to this post:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=224198
    Tracee - driving a 2013 Honda Crosstour & Mom to:
    Braydon 19 - driving his own car and now in the Army!
    Ashlee 17 - driving her own car
    Keegan 10 - still in his backless Affix

After that thread she PMed me saying she found someone to ship It for 35., And that It was on It's way. After a couple weeks she said It came BACK to her house, because It was to big for them to mail.

She then said she'd mail It right out, but after a couple more weeks nothing. She finally responded that she didn't have the money right then, but Promised to mail It LAST Friday and PM the tracking #. Now she's again quit responding. In my last PM to her I asked her to please just let me know weather she was planning on sending It or not.

On one hand I understand not having the funds to mail It. On the other, 6 weeks should be more than enough time to come up with It.

And after she didn't send It, I would have liked to have been contacted saying It would be another week or two or what ever. Just so I knew.

I've already PMed her 3 times since last week, but maybe I'll try once more. I've been extra nice about the whole thing with her. I really don't know what else to do. I might just let It go I guess.

Kelley

Greyhound is a cheap way to ship. You would have to pick it up at your local greyhound though.

Thanks Judi. I'm going to leave 1 more PM and I let her know that.

I will also update to clear her name if I ever get the seat.

Kelley

CPS Fanatic
    If the myride is too expensive to shop she needs to ship you nautilus back. That's wrong imo to keep both and not communicate.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I would not just "let it go," that would be theft. If she can't afford to ship you the seat, she can make a payment plan to pay you in installments either for the seat she was supposed to send, or the value of the seat you sent. Those would be the solutions I'd offer if she could not afford to ship it right now, and I'd expect $25 a month or whatever every month until it was paid off, starting now.

I agree that Greyhound is a great option if you both have stations relatively close by. I just had a 40+ lb. stroller in a huge box shipped to me in CA from MN and it cost $64.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Thanks everyone, I PMed her today.

I asked if we could work this out. Was It a money issue. Is there a time she felt she'd be able to pay to send the seat. And to please let me know. So we'll see.

I really felt that Haley is a nice person, that's the Vibe I got anyway, lol. I also felt she had intentions to send the seat. I'm trying to work with her, but since she's not contacting me...

Kelley

I hope you end up getting your seat and I'm sorry your first Swap experience turned out so badly.

Personally, I wouldn't even post anything on Swap if I knew I wasn't going to have the money to ship it out.

I don't think it would cost more than $35 to ship that seat via USPS, especially from KS to IL. In fact, before I listed a MR on Swap, I wanted to make sure I had a box it would fit in. I happened to have a U-Haul dish barrel box (which also fits a TF) and it did fit in there. I have shipped a TF in it before and it was around $32 to ship.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Kelley, I think you have been beyond patient and extremely sensitive in the way you've handled it. Obviously people fall on bad times but they shouldn't make dishonest judgement calls at the expense of others. If she needs to sell the Nauti you sent her on CL as a way to fund shipping, then so be it. I'm sorry that this was your first experience in swap.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

She said she found someone to ship for 35. Even I little more wouldn't be bad.
    I think It was a really equal trade to. I think the Julia GN I sent was a good trade for a Alma Graco MR.

All she'll be out is the money to ship It. If she don't I'm out a GN and the money I spent shipping It.

Disappointing. My {small}5 yr old waited every day for a couple weeks for it. She wanted to try it out first, lol.

Kelley

Well, Haley signed in again today at 4:05, and no response. So much for trying to work things out I guess...

Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    She said she found someone to ship for 35. Even I little more wouldn't be bad.
    I think It was a really equal trade to. I think the Julia GN I sent was a good trade for a Alma Graco MR.

All she'll be out is the money to ship It. If she don't I'm out a GN and the money I spent shipping It.

Disappointing. My {small}5 yr old waited every day for a couple weeks for it. She wanted to try it out first, lol.

Kelley
    Very disappointing I'm terribly sorry that your little one has waited 6 weeks for a seat that has never come. It's hard to explain to a child that grown ups don't follow through with promises. If I trusted her, I'd even send $20 to help with shipping but I'm not sure if she'd even ship it then to you If I could score a Sears GN for you, I would. I'll check Sears tomorrow.

oops...re-read your post. You want a MyRide

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord