Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
It has come to my attention that there have been at least a few incidents with members not fulfilling their part of a transaction agreement.

Carseat Swap is based completely upon the honor system. We have no way to verify members' identity, require credit cards, provide feedback for transactions or any other means of regulating safe exchanges of goods and/or money. It is not unlike Craigslist. There is no fee to post new items for sale/trade/wanted on Swap, but you also get no benefits of a secure transaction that an auction service or escrow service can provide.

Unfortunately, this makes Carseat Swap very susceptible for those who would take advantage of others. The moderators and admins have almost no way to determine the truth of any claim or resolve a dispute about a transaction. The forum announcement ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9937 ) is very clear that the buyer must beware. We highly recommend that you setup a private ebay auction or use a respected escrow service with any member that is new to you or anyone you do not trust completely. It is also very reasonable to ask for Car-Seat.Org member references or ebay feedback ratings. You may also want to contact other swappers about a member, too- if someone is known for not being fair on Swap trades, word will get around quickly. The forums currently have an i-Trader utility for frequent swappers. This information may or may not be reliable. It can be found in the "Feedback" tab of any member's profile.

On the other hand, we will also not tolerate repeated abuse. If you cannot resolve a problem with another member, please send Admin a private message or email with the username of the member and a brief explanation. If enough members report the same user, I may request more information to confirm that a transaction was initiated (link to the thread, Paypal receipt, copies of email/PM, tracking number, etc). While I will not mediate the outcome, I may post the username of repeat offenders on this public thread, initially requesting that they resolve complaints. Ultimately, with repeated abuse, their accounts will be restricted or banned.

Another option is for members to post themselves, using a reply to this thread. This can be done even if Admin has not had enough private complaints about a particular user in order to post on behalf of other members. In making a single reply to this thread for a transaction, you may politely request shipping or payment for an item from another user. This is also helpful in the case the other person involved in the transaction has their PM/email option OFF or they have not responded satisfactorily to your private requests. User replies to this thread will be moderated, so please be polite and simply state the username of the other party and a request that they ship/pay in regards to your transaction. Followup responses will not be approved, please use email or PM to resolve your transaction and not this thread. This is really your only outlet if enough complaints are not submitted for a particular member to warrant Admin posting on behalf of other members.

I am sad that there may be a need for a "wall of shame" at Carseat Swap, but otherwise the entire system can be undermined by a few abusers. If a transaction is resolved after a post is made on this thread, you may email/PM Admin or Joolsplus3 to remove the post from this thread. Beyond this, there is really nothing else we can do to resolve problems with transactions done on Swap. We apologize, but this is the shortcoming of a free trading community with no transaction fees such as Craigslist or Carseat Swap.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That is really too bad :(

Would it be possible to have something to rate buyers and sellers under the user profile for those that are selling and buying :confused: I know the babywearer has iTrader. Just a thought :twocents:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Paypal and your local authorities are the proper course of action. If others report similar issues about the same member, they may lose access to Swap. Otherwise, we generally do not have the ability to make a judgment or intervene in swap transactions. If you haven't already, you may also leave feedback via the iTrader system.

emars002

mom2riley never sent my stroller or bag. She responded to one email apologizing due to Thanksgiving but that was the last I heard. I filed a claim with paypal. I lost a lot of money - I am hesitant to buy anything now....I beleive I gave her plenty of time - over a month and a half. Here is the thread:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=58558

R&J'sMom

mom2riley never sent my stroller or bag. She responded to one email apologizing due to Thanksgiving but that was the last I heard. I filed a claim with paypal. I lost a lot of money - I am hesitant to buy anything now....I beleive I gave her plenty of time - over a month and a half. Here is the thread:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=58558

That's horrible!
Thanks for posting the info for the rest of us to avoid doing business with her.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Erin - I was attempting to look for contact details for you and haven't gotten very far. I can say that Tonya (mom2riley) is still very active over on diaperswappers - in fact, she posted yesterday.

[removed myspace page link]

I haven't found her last name - that is my hold up right now! I am going to continue to look.

Last edited:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Thanks to some fantastic sleuthing from orangemnm's, I have her last name... however, it appears that she and the fantastic Brian are not married, and it's quite possible the household phone is in his name. Still on the hunt.

(I do have her address, though.)

Last edited:

R&J'sMom

Thanks to some fantastic sleuthing from orangemnm's, I have her last name... however, it appears that she and the fantastic Brian are not married, and it's quite possible the household phone is in his name. Still on the hunt.

(I do have her address, though.)

You can do a reverse address search for her phone # on 411.com
Click on the reverse address tab on the top and enter the address.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.411.com/reverse_address

emars002

Yeah, I've already tried that. :(

I do have one lead, just waiting to see if it pans out.

You guys are so great! I don't know what happened - I should have checked iTrader to see she had no feedback but I was new once too so I am not sure that would have made much difference to me. I learned my lesson now!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Oh, honey, this is not your fault! She's got more than 4k posts over on diaperswappers and 100% feedback - who would have guessed she'd run off w/ your money! I tell you, my blood was boiling anyway, but when I read on diaperswappers that she was buying her hubby an xbox360 a few days after she recieved your money, I got really, really, really angry. I still don't have a phone number for her, but if you want the address, let me know.

R&J'sMom

Maybe we should all send her "hubby" a message through his myspace page and tell him what she did :whistle:

Shame her into givng the money back. :thumbsup:

Erin, can you dispute the charge on your Credit Card?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Maybe we should all send her "hubby" a message through his myspace page and tell him what she did :whistle:

Shame her into givng the money back. :thumbsup:

Erin, can you dispute the charge on your Credit Card?

I would ask that people do not do this, at least not for the time being. In the event there are some unusual circumstances, please give the involved parties at least another couple weeks to resolve the issue.

arly1983

Don't give up! I had a trade worth about $150-200 go bad on swap. I never thought I would get anything out of it. I took every single recourse I could even filing a police report but most of all made myself the biggest PIA for that person as I could. I was NOT going away even if I never got a dime. What do you know, a brand new carseat direct from amazon showed up on my doorstep after this had rocked on for several weeks. So my advise is DONT GIVE UP and don't be afraid to be a PIA.

emars002

Oh, honey, this is not your fault! She's got more than 4k posts over on diaperswappers and 100% feedback - who would have guessed she'd run off w/ your money! I tell you, my blood was boiling anyway, but when I read on diaperswappers that she was buying her hubby an xbox360 a few days after she recieved your money, I got really, really, really angry. I still don't have a phone number for her, but if you want the address, let me know.

ARGGGGGG! that makes me really angry! Obviously she did not need the money for food or something!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC