Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Did you file a police report? It doesn't look like she actually bought the Xbox - it looks like she and her hubby decided not to buy presents in favor of buying a new to them Tahoe instead. :rolleyes:

I'm off to remove the link to her myspace page.

emars002

Did you file a police report? It doesn't look like she actually bought the Xbox - it looks like she and her hubby decided not to buy presents in favor of buying a new to them Tahoe instead. :rolleyes:

I'm off to remove the link to her myspace page.

no, I have not - i guess i have to do that - what do I bring/tell them? I have never done that except after a car accident - I wish people didn't take advantage of others - Yeah, big wish, right?

April

OMG, that is really horrible! I just stumbled upon this thread and realized that her sn is almost the same as mine, and now I'm thinking maybe I should change mine. How can people do stuff like that???!!! I hope you get it resolved, that just sucks.

emars002

I pm'ed her again - even though she hasn't been back here since she screwed... (oops:rolleyes:) I mean since her last post which was 12-8-08, i am thinking she should still see it in her email - i can read the PM messages in my email - i just asked her how she could sleep at night just taking money from others - I am sure she won't care but it made me feel better to send it tonight since we are having money issues right now.

mommy2env

OMG, this is horrible. How did I not see this? People should bump it up from time to time.

Arly, you should make that persons sn public, just so we know who to be extra careful with. :(

OMG, that is really horrible! I just stumbled upon this thread and realized that her sn is almost the same as mine, and now I'm thinking maybe I should change mine. How can people do stuff like that???!!! I hope you get it resolved, that just sucks.

Maybe, because the first thing I did was check my pm's. I thought it was you, and started to get scared. I was about to say "Nicole knows her IRL" :ROTFLMAO:

MOM25BOYS

I agree with mommy2env.:thumbsup: I think this needs to be bumped so people don't get taken advantage of again. Alot of newbies don't realize that we have a feedback system under someones profile. I think it is horrible that someone could take money from someone and have no remorse for it. I don't know which is worse, for someone to just run from the board and never resolve anything with the other party or for someone to have the audacity to come back on the board and act as if they have done no wrong.:thumbsdown:

kate4478

I'm actually having a problem with a swaper now. I don't want to say her name yet, b/c I'm giving her until Friday to respond. I paid for them item back in October and still have not received it. Do I need to notify admin? Or is this just b/w us? It's for over $50 so if I can't get my money back through paypal I'm going to file with the police. But was wondering if I needed to notify anyone here besides this thread?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
You are welcome to send a PM to Admin and Joolsplus3 so we have a record of it in our PM box, but it isn't necessary. Unfortunately, we really have no means to get involved and decide who is right or wrong or what happened. On the other hand, if one member is repeatedly flagged as being a problem swapper, their access to Swap may be removed.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm actually having a problem with a swaper now. I don't want to say her name yet, b/c I'm giving her until Friday to respond. I paid for them item back in October and still have not received it. Do I need to notify admin? Or is this just b/w us? It's for over $50 so if I can't get my money back through paypal I'm going to file with the police. But was wondering if I needed to notify anyone here besides this thread?
Bolding is mine. Mama, PayPal has only 45 days to open a dispute, so if you haven't done that already, you are out of luck with PayPal.

lovinwaves

Kate, from what I understand you can use this thread for asking the person where your money/item is. So for instance your post might look something like this:

"MSK, just wondering where my Ju-Ju-Be Diaper changing pad is that you forgot to send with my bag. You told me you would ship it out, and I haven't received it yet. Can you please contact me via PM, or by email at lovinwaves@juno.com as soon as possible? Thanks so much!"

Nice, but effective way of letting the forum know there is an issue with a particular member. You can then always come back and delete your post, or report the post and let a mod delete it for you.

:)

FWIW, I have used this forum to do this exact same thing with a member that didn't follow through with their side of a transaction.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
ITA w/ Lovin. It wouldn't be a bad idea at all. And because I'm anal, I'd probably say "You told me via pm on 10/18 that it would ship next day, and I haven't recieved it yet."

munchkin

I am really at a loss for what to do. I traded covers with another member on here before Christmas. I told her there was no rush in sending it because I didn't need the seat until after Christmas. I sent mine out and she acknowledged that she received it. I wrote to her in January to check in and she said she was mailing out the next day. A couple weeks went by and I found another cover I wanted and a couple others to do a 3 way trade with. So I wrote again, asking where it was. She said that it came back to her and she would mail it the next day, I told her to mail it to #2 instead. 3 weeks ago yesterday is when she supposedly mailed it to #2. In this time #2 mailed to #3 and #3 mailed to me. I have received my cover, but #2 hasn't yet. I feel really bad because I set up this whole trade thing thinking that the first person was seriously mailing the cover (she did write and said she had some problems going on, so I know that it took longer). I have written a couple of PMs this week trying to get the issue resolved and get #2 her cover.

I don't know what I should do now. I have awesome feedback on here and really don't want it to get ruined. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that I basically owe #2 a cover in her original color or in the color she expected to get. But don't know how I should go about getting it from #1. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Or #1 could you please just send the cover?

That was me :( I admit it. I have had horrible luck with this cover swap thing. Totally my fault, my post office fault, my husband's fault. I have traded with people on here before and this has never happened. I have wonderful feedback on ebay. I feel horrible about this whole thing. I 100% admit fault on this.

I am sending this cover out tomorrow asap. My oldest has off school, I have no daycare kids till 3:30pm and my husband will be home. I will send you and the person I am sending it to confirmation number.

Again, I am admitting this 100% is my fault and I am so sorry. This is not munchkin's fault. I also pm'ed the person that is suppose to get the cover. It will be arriving priority mail, it should only take 2-3 days in my guess since she is in the next state over.

:-(

ChristyH

I bought a Monterey booster from member Momme2_3 3 weeks ago, so far it has not arrived and now my emails are not getting returned.
If Momme2_3 reads this please email me or PM me here to let me know what is going on, I will file with paypal soon if it is not resolved in a few days.
Personally I think 3 weeks is plenty of time to ship out an item and a week with no correspondence is too long in my book. Thanks!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I feel strangely responsible for this because it's my fault (sort of) that she had an extra Monterey, so I'm wondering what happened?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC