Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

ctbcleveland

Thanks Judi and Brooklynsmommy -

At this point, I've left the item as a dispute rather than escalating it - I would need to do that before 2/11 if you are unable to figure out how to refund the money. I don't know how the process works on the seller's end as I have never had to dispute an item before as a buyer or seller.

ADS

mish

I just wanted to say *spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is still logging in all the time. I check every once in a while out of curiosity. Every time I do it says she logged on today. I really hate that she is logging on and is able to see everything on here. She still has access to SCM right?
ETA: She is on right now.

StillThankful

I just wanted to say *spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is still logging in all the time. I check every once in a while out of curiosity. Every time I do it says she logged on today. I really hate that she is logging on and is able to see everything on here. She still has access to SCM right?
ETA: She is on right now.

:mad::thumbsdown:That sucks! I've been burned on ebay for $40 but there were many red flags with that seller that I refused to see. It pains my heart that people have been ripped off here. Let's watch out for each other.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Moderators can give negative reputation, though this is normally only done in cases of spam, abusive posts or harassment. In this case, I have reset the member's reputation points until they resolve these outstanding issues.

monstah

RE: Lauralou

We have a tranaction for only $8 that has now been escalated for Paypal to resolve. :thumbsdown:
Short story - I sent her $8 for Nintendo games on October 18th but she never shipped them.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
She disappears for awhile. She said she was going to buy something from me a few weeks back, and every gave me a date that she would pay. The date came and went. I PMd her, with no answer.

goodliffj

Re: MA All Star cover

Drlynne,

I'm sorry the cover didn't work out either. I posted for a EUC cover with pads, as DS will be in the seat for a few years hopefully. The you sent def was not EUC, I needed the pads as well.

I have the ship quote for you to send it back to you.

Surface from Canada to you $11.54 + 2.69 (envelope) + tax. There is no sig, tracking or del confirmation option though.

Exp from Canada is $17.58 + $2.69 (envelope) + tax. Sig/insurance and del conf included.

LMK how you would like me to send it and I"ll PM you my pp addy.

Melissa

Mrs. Lee, you made an offer of trade. Shortly after your offer of trade you tried to sell the exact same item you offered me to another member. After I posted on your swap thread (even though you don't have swap access so you had someone else post it for you) about you trying to sell the same item you just offered me in trade, your swap thread is no longer there (and yes, I saw your last post to me in the thread before it was gone). You stopped responding to all PMs as well.

Since no actual exchange had happened yet I don't feel it totally right to leave you a negative feedback on your profile but I do feel it important for others to know that you are shady in your swap dealings.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Mrs. Lee, you made an offer of trade. Shortly after your offer of trade you tried to sell the exact same item you offered me to another member. After I posted on your swap thread (even though you don't have swap access so you had someone else post it for you) about you trying to sell the same item you just offered me in trade, your swap thread magically disappeared (and yers, I saw your last post to me in the thread before it was gone). You stopped responding to all PMs as well.

Since no actual exchange had happened yet I don't feel it totally right to leave you a negative feedback on your profile but I do feel it important for others to know that you are shady in your swap dealings.

We are looking into this now. This member does not have swap access and has been warned about violating policy regarding posts outside swap in the past. Please report any suspect posts if you believe a member may not be following swap guidelines. Thanks!

lovinwaves

She did not know she was violating any rules, that I can assure you of.

The rules of this forum clearly state that the member must be a Senior Community Member (1 year registered, 300 posts, 150 reputation points), a Technical Professional or donor/supporter. It also states that registered members are only allowed to post, read and reply to purchase items, but may not post items for sale/trade or wanted. No where does it say you may have another swap member post for you.

Ignorance is not a defense, especially when many members take this forum seriously because there is a bit of trust involved along with monetary involvement. Those members involved with going against forum rules are subject to receiving "warnings" or "infractions."

It is encouraged for members to take a few minutes and read this thread regarding the Swap Forums: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=68464 "We expect our members to be honest in their dealings with each other."

Last edited by a moderator:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The rules of this forum clearly state that the member must be a Senior Community Member (1 year registered, 300 posts, 150 reputation points), a Technical Professional or donor/supporter. It also states that registered members are only allowed to post, read and reply to purchase items, but may not post items for sale/trade or wanted. No where does it say you may have another swap member post for you.

I will take this one step further--

If an active member has earned Senior Community Member status, I would also like to believe that they have had sufficient time to orient themselves to the forum and to the forum rules. As such, if this member were to blatantly disregard forum rules and post another member's items, claiming to or implying that they themselves are the owners of these items, they are also in violation of the rules...not to mention, likely to be assumed dishonest by the other members of the forum upon discovering the deception.

-N.

Last edited by a moderator:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This whole issue could have been avoided had the members PM'd her and asked her if she had more than one seat instead of coming on here and making false accusations :twocents:

Just as it would have been avoided if she did not post items for sale on a forum where she was not permitted to do so. Clearly, there's a reason why we have forum rules in place--it's in the best interest of all of our members, and when some members decide to circumvent the rules we see problems such as these arise.

As far as I'm concerned, if a member has concerns about another member and is neither being dishonest nor libelous, it is reasonable to bring up those concerns in a calm and explanatory manner. This doesn't mean that other members are forced to generate an opinion for or against this other member.

Let's just leave this be--the posts have not been moderated, and clearly this was a conscious decision made by a number of moderators. If you have questions or concerns regarding forum policies and procedures, I would encourage you to address them to Admin, via private message.

-N.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Just a note- this thread is for incidents regarding members failing to fulfill part of their transaction agreements. It really is not the place to raise rumours about potential transactions. If you suspect a problem with a swapper and are not a party to a transaction with them, I suggest you use private messages to warn those participating in their threads and also use the report post and report private message feature to alert moderators. While we generally do not become involved in swap transactions, we appreciate such reports as it gives us a history for any possible future actions.

That said, like any community, Swap has a certain code of etiquette like any similar type of forum. If you're buying and selling stuff, certain things clearly raise red flags about a transaction. Without a history of transactions or references, the community has little other way to protect itself. What is absolutely clear is that this member should not have posted anything in Swap at all. In bypassing swap access, even a modest amount of common sense about conducting this transaction would have probably kept all of this under the radar of other members and moderators in the first place.

What little history moderators had was a number of Swap bypass attempts on the part of this member that resulted in posts being removed and eventually the account being put into moderated status. In fact, you actually posted about this matter on her behalf-

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=155007&highlight=swap

I don't think there was any doubt after that point as to what was required to post in Swap. Furthermore, by putting another member into the middle of a swap bypass, it raises even more flags and could have resulted in the third party receiving negative iTrader feedback or worse.

The issue of respect and reputation in regard to actual transactions is another matter, but ultimately this member should have known better and could have prevented it from ever being an issue.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Just a note- this thread is for incidents regarding members failing to fulfill part of their transaction agreements. It really is not the place to raise rumours about potential transactions. If you suspect a problem with a swapper and are not a party to a transaction with them, I suggest you use private messages to warn those participating in their threads and also use the report post and report private message feature to alert moderators. While we generally do not become involved in swap transactions, we appreciate such reports as it gives us a history for any possible future actions.

Are there members on this forum who "pretend" to swap and then just ignore once they receive "requested pictures". What a waste of time!

As per the comment above, this thread is to report actual problems with members failing to fulfill a transaction. It is not a place to speculate about the possibility of a bad transaction or other complaints. If you had some issues with another member in the process of arranging a sale, but are not out any money or items, you are welcome to use the Report Private Message feature to alert the staff. We generally do not intervene with Swap issues, but it gives us a reference in case of future issues that may result in a ban from Swap.

Since Swap is essentially unmoderated like Craigslist, we encourage sellers to post as much information as possible in their listings and for potential buyers to request any additional information. For example, we do not discourage someone who may have no interest in buying a particular item to request more information like manufacture dates or condition, especially if they believe it could be something that is recalled, unsafe or otherwise not as advertised.

xxluckychicxx

Kescott:

She was going to trade a BNIB RNXT plus a new cover for my Maestro and RA50.

She said she was going out of town and would ship it the following week. She offered to PP me a deposit. I told her no thanks, just to ship the seat when she got back, send me a tracking #, and I would ship het my seats.

The day came and went. I asked about it and she said she'd gone into preterm labor but that she would still ship them.

A little while went by, I asked again and she said her DH had shipped it. I asked for a tracking number, she said he'd forgotten to get one.

I went ahead and shipped the Maestro out of good faith a week later. She's already received it.

Well, its now been 4 weeks since the RNXT was allegedly shipped and nothing has showed up. So far she has responded to PMs, but I just wanted to put this out here incase anyone else was having trouble.

Sent from my HTC HERO using Car-Seat.Org

xxluckychicxx

She agreed to pay me for it, but so far I haven't received paypal yet or any other messages from her. It's showing that she's been online today so I'm not sure what the issue is...

ETA: Still no replies. She's been online and still trying to swap.

I would understand if she needed to wait a few days to get the $, but it doesn't look like that's the case and she's now not responding to PMs.

Sent from my HTC HERO using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
She never called me back but about a week later I got a new MR delivered from Graco.... Makes me wonder why they would do that and want the old seat back, especially with it being registered already.

That sounds like EXCELLENT customer service from Graco! They have a program to replace crashed seats when not covered by insurance. It sounds like the company sent you a new seat under that policy, even without proof that the seat had been crashed. Talk about above and beyond!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC