Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

mommy2env

Beth, I'm glad you were able to get your money. :)
She's still on here all the time, though. Having her cake and eating it, too, I guess.

Yes, even though she has no siggy picture, avatar and hasn't posted in a month. We know she's reading because she has thanked a few posts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Admin, I know I asked before, but I would like to suggest, again, some sort of ban from the site, or at least the Community Member areas, as someone else suggested.

I know it is not your job to patrol the swap, ensure that transactions go well, or help people recover funds. I think we all realize that we swap at our own risk.

But I also know that you strive to maintain a (relatively) harmonious community member area. If people can be banned for harassment, posting false information (trolling), etc., surely the intentional scamming of other members rises to that level--or even beyond.

Even if you don't have an across-the-board policy, I would hope that you would consider it in this and any similar cases.

The fact that a thief has access to our posts makes me feel...well, "violated" is probably too strong a word, but "uneasy" is an understatement. Somewhere between the two.

Blondie87

Its interesting... The same time this all happened she deleted me from FB (we commented back and forth with eachother almost daily). I would venture to guess that she deleted everyone else from here as well :rolleyes:

I just noticed she deleted me too! :eek::thumbsdown:

She did send me a big box of stuff for free one time. A bunch of nice brand new clothes for A and a few pairs of shoes for another kiddo I had, and a shopping cart cover. I didn't even have to pay shipping... :love:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
As there had been a number of complaints, I did make some inquiries. Since the member failed to respond to them, their access to the swap forums was recently removed.

Connor's Mom

I understand not being able to police the BST transactions. But I do not understand the inability to ban members like spoiledinmyhouseofblue. Why ban these members from just the Swap section and not the entire board? :confused:
It is obvious to all and financially painful to some that this person is not a positive to this board. She has repeatedly scammed other members out of their money or items. Why would we want to have someone like this around? And she is a "Senior Community Member", someone that newbies here might look to as someone that can be trusted. I also think it is shady of her to lie about PMs, be rude in responses to members when they ask where their money/items are and to lurk on this site reading threads. I don't know if she is trying to be stealth or what, she has't posted in almost a month but was on the site just a little over an hour ago so you know she is reading this. It is pretty obvious since her profile here has 517 hits that people are checking her out too, lol.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm thinking it is hard for the mods to prove someone did something wrong? I mean, without proof, then it's members words against members words. So, if people got banned for scamming people, a group of people *could* get gang up on someone, all say they were scammed and get someone banned. I know this is not what is happening in this situation, but I'm just saying that the admins would want to be 100% certain that someone was guilty before banning them which then means the admins have to be willing to take time and go through whatever members send them as proof. And then, what constitutes proof? Is it emails between the parties? Because emails can be forged really easy. It is just a person's word? or is one person not enough and it has to be multiple persons words?

I think the whole situation sucks and I am saddened that a senior member would take advantage of their friends on the board. But I do see how it could be very difficult for an admin to take sides without having real proof. And even if someone is banned, they can sign up with a new username and personally, I'd rather know the person is around rather than have them hidden by a new username. or maybe they ban their IP address from accessing the forum, and then their IP address changes, so it constantly needs to be monitored to ban the next IP they get...again, I can see why it's difficult.

April

I'm subscribed to this thread so I've been following along here.

Just curious whether any of these transactions that went sour were posted in the swap section and if the parties involved are able to give spoiled negative feedback? I know you can't give feedback if the buy/sell/trade wasn't generated from a swap thread. Personally, I'd like to see the negative feedback on her profile. Just so people who haven't read this thread are warned about her. I know that I always check members' feedback on here before I do a sale/trade with them.

Oh and to the ladies that lost money, I'm sorry. :( I would feel incredibly betrayed if that happened to me. I hope that somehow, someday, she makes it right with you all.

monstah

I'm subscribed to this thread so I've been following along here.

Just curious whether any of these transactions that went sour were posted in the swap section and if the parties involved are able to give spoiled negative feedback? I know you can't give feedback if the buy/sell/trade wasn't generated from a swap thread. Personally, I'd like to see the negative feedback on her profile. Just so people who haven't read this thread are warned about her. I know that I always check members' feedback on here before I do a sale/trade with them.

Oh and to the ladies that lost money, I'm sorry. :( I would feel incredibly betrayed if that happened to me. I hope that somehow, someday, she makes it right with you all.

Thank you.

I did leave negative feedback for her. I also posted in my Radian cover trade thread hoping to alert other members of what happened.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=92794
If you click on the link above and go to her profile page, you can see the negative feedback she has received.

monstah

I'm thinking it is hard for the mods to prove someone did something wrong? I mean, without proof, then it's members words against members words. So, if people got banned for scamming people, a group of people *could* get gang up on someone, all say they were scammed and get someone banned. I know this is not what is happening in this situation, but I'm just saying that the admins would want to be 100% certain that someone was guilty before banning them which then means the admins have to be willing to take time and go through whatever members send them as proof. And then, what constitutes proof? Is it emails between the parties? Because emails can be forged really easy. It is just a person's word? or is one person not enough and it has to be multiple persons words?

I think the whole situation sucks and I am saddened that a senior member would take advantage of their friends on the board. But I do see how it could be very difficult for an admin to take sides without having real proof. And even if someone is banned, they can sign up with a new username and personally, I'd rather know the person is around rather than have them hidden by a new username. or maybe they ban their IP address from accessing the forum, and then their IP address changes, so it constantly needs to be monitored to ban the next IP they get...again, I can see why it's difficult.

Sorry I didn't use the multi-quote option. :eek:

As far as proof. I was under the assumption that admin had access to PM's. I could be mistaken. I don't know how difficult (or easy) it would be to log in as me and read the history. :shrug-shoulders:

Sometimes I think I don't want her banned because I know how easy it would be to make a new username and start over but I feel as though she should be held accountable for her actions. Make her start over. If it is so easy to get a new IP address and user name then make her.
I just hate knowing that she can read anything posted in SCM and can easily PM other members. IMO, to keep her membership, I think she should post a public apology but she isn't even replying to PM's from admin. :twocents:

munchkin

I had a problem with her in March. We didn't go through a swap post so I was unable to leave feedback for her. The most I did was post in this thread and I feel really bad that others have now been taken advantage of. I am afraid that I should have been more vocal about the issues going on so that others might have been more aware, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and believed that it was an isolated incident.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
As far as proof. I was under the assumption that admin had access to PM's. I could be mistaken. I don't know how difficult (or easy) it would be to log in as me and read the history. :shrug-shoulders:
I was thinking that these interactions took place mostly off the board so via email. If most of its through PM, then perhaps there is an easy way for an admin to read the PMs from both sides of the story and come up with some proof.

April

Thank you.

I did leave negative feedback for her. I also posted in my Radian cover trade thread hoping to alert other members of what happened.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=92794
If you click on the link above and go to her profile page, you can see the negative feedback she has received.

I guess I didn't look hard enough. :eek: I just saw that her feedback was +1, but now upon looking closer it says 60% positive, and then if I click into her feedback score in her profile I see the negative feedback. I guess I just wish it was more visible. I glanced in the bottom left of her post and just saw +1 positive. :shrug-shoulders: At least you've done what you can to warn others. :(

Sorry I didn't use the multi-quote option. :eek:

Sometimes I think I don't want her banned because I know how easy it would be to make a new username and start over but I feel as though she should be held accountable for her actions. Make her start over. If it is so easy to get a new IP address and user name then make her.
I just hate knowing that she can read anything posted in SCM and can easily PM other members. IMO, to keep her membership, I think she should post a public apology but she isn't even replying to PM's from admin. :twocents:

(bolding mine). I agree. I don't think she should have access to SCM. That is a privilege just as much as swap. :twocents:

Connor's Mom

Personally, I think that if there is going to be a BST section at all it needs to be more organized. Especially when you are selling and trading high $$$ items like strollers and car seats. This BST here just seems disorganized. And I get it, Darren is busy as are the other mods and it is difficult to police the area. But, if you are going to have a BST area on your board you have to have some more rule and regulations as well as better moderation. It apears that the FB system is not all that good and there really is no recourse for members that get screwed over via the board since the scammers can just continue to post away and go on with buisness as usual like nothing ever happened since Admin is just now banning the one member (from Swap only) that has scammed more than 4 people in this thread alone since sometime last year. There really needs to be some rules set up. :twocents:

Connor's Mom

I don't think she should have access to SCM. That is a privilege just as much as swap. :twocents:

She is on right now, so HI *spoiled* hope that you are having a good laugh at everyone elses' expense. :2thumbsup:
And the reason I know she is online now is that I went to check her i-trader FB and her little green dot is on. :rolleyes: Darren, didn't know if you knew or not but I guess when you banned her from Swap it took the possibility to look at her FB away. There is no way to look at her i-trader rating under her SN now. :confused:

lovinwaves

She is on right now, so HI *spoiled* hope that you are having a good laugh at everyone elses' expense. :2thumbsup:
And the reason I know she is online now is that I went to check her i-trader FB and her little green dot is on. :rolleyes: Darren, didn't know if you knew or not but I guess when you banned her from Swap it took the possibility to look at her FB away. There is no way to look at her i-trader rating under her SN now. :confused:

Hmm...that's weird, because I can see it here, and in her Profile.

ETA: I can't see it in that link I posted. But, if I go to that exact post in this thread I can see it. Weird.

canadiangie

I've been following this thread.

When I go the the member's list Spoiled isn't on it. Is that normal? Is that something new? Or is it irrelevant? (I'm not sleuthy like some around here).

:confused:

Maedze

When I go the the member's list Spoiled isn't on it. Is that normal? Is that something new? Or is it irrelevant? (I'm not sleuthy like some around here).

The first character in her screen name is an asterisk, not "S" :p

I've been absolutely fascinated by the direction this Naughty thread has gone, for a number of reasons. :whistle:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

Unless she has inactivated her account, she should be way at thr beginning of the list because it actually begins with an asterisk.

I don't agree that we need more regulations with swap. If you go through PayPal, you have protection there--double if you use a credit card.

If you swap, there is an honor code there that is much more easily broken, but I don't think it's a moderator's job to police that.

I'd rather have buy/sell/trade at your own risk than not at all.

I do feel that a ban from swap isn't enough. I agree that at the very least, SCM access be removed. She violated a trust.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC