Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Need a strolller for a newborn

Hi,

I am looking for an excellent stroller for a newborn. Something that's comfortable and easy to use. There are so many kinds - I don't know where to start.

What's a really good stroller that people are really happy with?

Sara

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Need a strolller for a newborn

I want to add that I'm willing to pay a higher price than average as long as I get good value for my money.

Try the Maclaren XLR it will last a long time and give you the option of using a carseat as a travel system if needed.

Also the Peg Perego A3 is cool because the seat padding acts like a bassinet in the beginning. Can also accept the infant seat.

We have had a Zooper Waltz since 2005 which I think is awesome for newborns, has a mesh at the foot to keep em from sliding out. I use it with our Britax Companion but not sure if its allowed by the manufacturer.

What's your price range? What are you going to use it for? Who will be pushing it?

Good Luck

Mommy to my 1st*princess*Born@Home7/23/2010 in a S1st OBA35
    Grateful Godmommy to my loves :DGS1-07/26/01,DGD1-12/02/05,DGD2-06/01/07,DGS2-11/21/08,DGS3 09/10/09

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure about my price range.

I will be pushing it, and I will be using it for regular every day stuff, I guess.

Sara

I would recommend the Peg Perego P3 as it is perfect!! I have used ours from birth until now and she is 3 and we can still use it
    You can use it as a travel system if needed also

What strollers are peaking your interest? What is your budget? Are you here in the US?
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Are you looking for a mall/shopping type stroller or one that can be used for trail walking, jogging, etc?
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

lovinwaves - not sure about which strollers. I was hoping to find out which ones are popular and choose from those.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's - I would appreciate recommendations for both!

PHaley - I am not sure about the price range. I just want to make sure I get value for my money.

Thanks all!

Moderator - CPST Instructor mom2acrew's Avatar

My top pics would be

P3...will hold an infant seat, full recline, great hood
    Maclaren XLR techno, hold infant seat, full recline, hood so so, folds slightly smaller than P3, comes w/ rain cover
    Mountain Buggy Urban...my all time favorite stroller, can buy adaptor for infant seat
    Jodi CPST Mom to 5

Thanks all! I will look into the strollers you recommended. Any other suggestions? I'm interested in the shopping type and the walking type. Whatever is necessary for day to day life.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

If you have an infant seat for the car, why not start with a stroller frame (snap n go, maclaren traveler, kolcraft universal)....that will get you through the first couple months, then you'll be able to asnwer our questions easier. When we ask walking or shopping, we are trying to determine if you are spending hours in an indoor mall and need a huge basket for packages but don't need a great supsension or air tires, or if you are walking long loops on gravel trails and need air tires... or if you just sometimes walk on paved sidewalks or sometimes go to outdoor malls or indoor malls and don't buy much or carry a huge diaper bag... we all have very different expectations out of each of our strollers, and so most of us have more than one. . The stroller frame that takes a carseat is cheap, good for the outings you'd have with a young baby, and will help you determine what you really need. And as for budget, you could spend anywhere from $100(on a cheap Graco)-$1000(on a Bugaboo Cameleon)...
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Honestly it depends on what your idea of everyday use is. I had a peg perego pliko which everyone loves but I use my strollers outdoors on rough terrain and I need a large basket so while it is a great stroller it just wasn't for us. I also have graco quattro tours that I love because they are so heavy duty but someone who lives in town or drives a little car isn't going to like it because its a huge stroller that doesn't fold small.

Price range is also big. I top out around $350 as the most I'll spend but I know there are lots of people here with strollers that cost +$500.
    If it seems like I'm not making sense, it's probably just my phone