Need a strolller for a newborn

syoung

Hi,

I am looking for an excellent stroller for a newborn. Something that's comfortable and easy to use. There are so many kinds - I don't know where to start.

What's a really good stroller that people are really happy with?

Sara

ADS

PHaley

Try the Maclaren XLR it will last a long time and give you the option of using a carseat as a travel system if needed.

Also the Peg Perego A3 is cool because the seat padding acts like a bassinet in the beginning. Can also accept the infant seat.

We have had a Zooper Waltz since 2005 which I think is awesome for newborns, has a mesh at the foot to keep em from sliding out. I use it with our Britax Companion but not sure if its allowed by the manufacturer.

What's your price range? What are you going to use it for? Who will be pushing it?

Good Luck :)

syoung

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure about my price range.

I will be pushing it, and I will be using it for regular every day stuff, I guess.

Sara

momme2_3

I would recommend the Peg Perego P3 as it is perfect!! I have used ours from birth until now and she is 3 and we can still use it :)
You can use it as a travel system if needed also :)

syoung

lovinwaves - not sure about which strollers. I was hoping to find out which ones are popular and choose from those.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's - I would appreciate recommendations for both!

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My top pics would be

P3...will hold an infant seat, full recline, great hood
Maclaren XLR techno, hold infant seat, full recline, hood so so, folds slightly smaller than P3, comes w/ rain cover
Mountain Buggy Urban...my all time favorite stroller, can buy adaptor for infant seat

syoung

Thanks all! I will look into the strollers you recommended. Any other suggestions? I'm interested in the shopping type and the walking type. Whatever is necessary for day to day life.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you have an infant seat for the car, why not start with a stroller frame (snap n go, maclaren traveler, kolcraft universal)....that will get you through the first couple months, then you'll be able to asnwer our questions easier. When we ask walking or shopping, we are trying to determine if you are spending hours in an indoor mall and need a huge basket for packages but don't need a great supsension or air tires, or if you are walking long loops on gravel trails and need air tires... or if you just sometimes walk on paved sidewalks or sometimes go to outdoor malls or indoor malls and don't buy much or carry a huge diaper bag... we all have very different expectations out of each of our strollers, and so most of us have more than one. :). The stroller frame that takes a carseat is cheap, good for the outings you'd have with a young baby, and will help you determine what you really need. And as for budget, you could spend anywhere from $100(on a cheap Graco)-$1000(on a Bugaboo Cameleon)...

mominabigtruck

Honestly it depends on what your idea of everyday use is. I had a peg perego pliko which everyone loves but I use my strollers outdoors on rough terrain and I need a large basket so while it is a great stroller it just wasn't for us. I also have graco quattro tours that I love because they are so heavy duty but someone who lives in town or drives a little car isn't going to like it because its a huge stroller that doesn't fold small.

Price range is also big. I top out around $350 as the most I'll spend but I know there are lots of people here with strollers that cost +$500.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC