Another Score, 1980

classicseats

Here is a Bobby Mac toddler seat from 1980. Very good condition It's very similar to the black one that's my avitar. Complete with side impact shield. Larger early model side wings. Thanks to Mattkarn for this find! Been looking for this model in brown for a long time.

Last edited:
ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Love the handy clip acoss the shield for the lapbelt :rolleyes:.

ETA: can only imagine howfar a childs head would be above the shell if the were level with the top harness slots

MomToEliEm

Interesting seats, though I must admit, all those old seats all seem to look alike to me. Plastic seat covers, shields, and lots of metal bars seemed to be popular back then.

steph

Interesting seats, though I must admit, all those old seats all seem to look alike to me. Plastic seat covers, shields, and lots of metal bars seemed to be popular back then.

Metal seemed to be a big material for baby items back then. I was born in 1980 and my highchair, carseat and walker all had metal legs/supports!!!

Synchro246

Oh neat, I could make out some of the instuctions. I didn't realise these seats could RF!
ETA-- I see that they reccomend RF for 15lbs and under & that the whole seat limit is 40lbs. Do they have a max RF limit?

Simplysomething

the other seats you've posted--did they pretty much all have 40 lb limits too?

Bothers me, a bit, to think of how long 40 lbs has been the standard upper weight limit (at least in the US).

JoyJoy

When the child is 15-18 pounds turn the seat around. :eek: So basicly around 6 months or so. Crazy. But hey I didn't even know they could rearface back then. I do remember a long long time ago I thought you turned them around at 6 months. I think I was 17. Really looking back you can see where everyone gets the 20 pounds turn them around idea and 40 pounds is good enough.:whistle: Its been drilled in our heads before we even remember it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC