Those with Gn's

momof2kiddos

What do you like and dislike about the seat?Have all your installs been easy?Would you use this seat outerbaord in a car with no SIP?Does this seat have any SIP?Is the seat flimsy?I am thinking of ordering one today :)

ADS

ktmo

I really like this seat. I don't think it feels flimsy at all. I think that it had a pretty solid feel. It has EPS foam on the head wings, but I don't know if that constitutes SIP.

Super easy to tighten harness (my DH loves this, he hates fighting with the Marathon)
cup holder
price
looks like a big kid seat
easy to put together
easy to change harness slots

Dislikes: (these a just two very minor things. I would buy it again, and will probably buy another at some point.)

- I get a solid install using Latch, but just not rock solid like I can get the MA or BV. It wiggles oh so slightly, no where near an inch, but just not rock solid like I am used to.
- It sits lower than the BV, so I can't see my DD just glancing in the rear-view mirror. So, I kinda have to move a little to see her face, because she is lower. Very silly I know.

Katie

super_grape

ours is outboard in our 05 grand caravan right now.
i REALLY like this seat! it does not have super thick padding
but my daughter has yet to complain and she is very happy
in it as well. it is much easier to get her in and out of than her boulevard was.
the seat feels very sturdy to me and the side wings are
nice and big. it does not feel flimsy to me.
i wish that she had a tad bit more support for sleeping but
i haven't tried installing it with the recline....that might help.

installing it w/latch in the captains chair was super easy and quick!
i did not try it with the seat belt.

i'm very happy we bought this seat and would buy it again in
a second:thumbsup:! i had originally wanted to get her a radian
to give us more room since we'll be moving her seat to the third
row in our van once the baby comes (due in a week and a half).
but this seat will probably work better for us in the long run.

hope that helps:)!

Yoshi

Did you read the reviews in the car seat reviews forum? Lots of good info there. We have had ours for 3 weeks and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about it. I would feel comfortable with it outboard- although because I CAN finally get a seat in the center and I have one child, that is where I installed it. Yes, it is super easy to install- we have it in our very-hard-to -install Subaru Outback with its LONG buckle stalks with the seatbelt it was easy-peasy. We love the butter-smooth harness adjuster, the seat depth and width, the head wings for sleep support, the extra harness height compared to the Radian, and the cup holder and armrest compartments. It is a comfortable seat (DD has NOT complained about lack of padding, and she is usually like the Princess and the Pea, LOL) and very sturdy and strong.
Dislikes- the color choices and the fact that it is heavy as a booster, and that does not allow LATCH in booster mode. But in the extra time DD will get out of the harness, I may go right to another booster at that time. I a not a snob about seats, although I loved Britax for many reasons, this seat works great and is a nice option for HWH.

Mattkarn

I love mine. It intalls very easily and rock solid with the seat belt in my Corolla in all positions. My car does not have side curtian air bags and I do have it outboard but I am not at all worried about it. It has reasonably deep head wings, like the Turbobooster.

It is very sturdy, and there is not much I dislike about it. The one main thing is how heavy it is as a booster, but its not a big problem IMO. I am going to use it until his brother out grows the Vivo, which will probrally be in about 2 years right around when the younger one will outgrow the harness on the G.N. Then I will turn the G.N. to a backless for the older one and move the younger one into his Vivo. :thumbsup:

ZephyrBlue

I love this seat. And I'm picky, LOL

The harness adjuster is a dream. The cupholder is divine. My 7.5yo really likes it, even though it's not as plush or as pink as the Madison Regent. I've gotten a rock solid install with both LATCH and seatbelt. It fits all of the children I drive, and isn't too awful to uninstall/reinstall.

Cons- it IS heavy- though not as unmanageable as the Regent was. I do wish there were more cover options, but I'm confident that we will be able to purchase girly covers in the future. I do wish it had EPS foam in the side shell, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

MySillyKids

I love it.

I love that DS2 can CLIMB into it! (read: No base). I got a super easy install in the 3rd row of my 05 Honda Odyssey.

I could care less about cover choice, as i have a boy, and he could care less! :D

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I played with it with a 3 yr old and a 9 yr old. It worked well with the 3 yr old, with plenty of grow room. But then I took the straps and extra padding out and put the 9 yr old in. I had to put the headrest all the way up. It is shorter than the turbo. I do like how sturdy it is.

momof2kiddos

Thanks Veryone,I was going to order it online but there site said my wal-mart has them in stock so I am going to go over there after Dh gets off work and see if they still have them.I am like counting down the hours until he gets off.I Love new seats :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC