Exhibition Hall at Lifesavers - Fee? Free?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Gypsy and I are possibly going to LifeSavers with two other women who are not techs and have little interest in CPS stuff. So, we're wondering if they will be able to go to the exhibit hall, or if there will be a fee to just get into the exhibit hall, or what.

Anyone know?

Last edited:
ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Last year, they had a hotel security guard posted at the entrance to the exhibit hall. There were times when the hall was closed and you weren't allowed in. All of the conference attendees have name tags to identify themselves and technically you shouldn't be able to access the exhibits or any of the conference sessions without one. However, security seemed pretty lax about this at the Chicago Hilton. DH and the kids were able to get into the exhibit hall with me without any problems or questions.

Kecia

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I hope you and Gypsy get to go! It would be great to meet you! I do not know as far as your question since this is my 1st time to LS.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Last year, they had a hotel security guard posted at the entrance to the exhibit hall. There were times when the hall was closed and you weren't allowed in. All of the conference attendees have name tags to identify themselves and technically you shouldn't be able to access the exhibits or any of the conference sessions without one. However, security seemed pretty lax about this at the Chicago Hilton. DH and the kids were able to get into the exhibit hall with me without any problems or questions.

Kecia

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's not a huge deal if they couldn't come in with us, but they are interested in seeing everything, and I'd hate to leave them out -- it's certainly not worth it to them to pay the registration fee just to get into the exhibition hall.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I hope you and Gypsy get to go! It would be great to meet you! I do not know as far as your question since this is my 1st time to LS.

We are really hoping to be able to make it! It would be fun to meet everyone that's going from here!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We are really hoping to be able to make it! It would be fun to meet everyone that's going from here!

I am going and so is a girl from the other board. She is also bringing her baby and is going to split my room with me. We will be staying at Red Lion. I hope you two can come. It will be great to meet people in person from the boards.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am glad to see more people are going. So kids are allowed? My friend wants her 9 yr old to go for atleast one day. He is very into car seats and mom wants to measure him in some of the new seats.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think so as long as they are not disruptive. I think Pappooses took her DD last year. I myself need a break from my kids, so They are not going. The girl rooming with me, her baby is still BFing, so her DD has to be with her.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Huh... Hey Gypsy, have you thought about bringing my niece? Not sure she could get out of school for it.

skaterbabs

I wouldn't count on security being lax, Tiffany and I were stopped a couple of times because of Leila. They always let her in (LOL) but they didn't like it.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I wouldn't count on security being lax, Tiffany and I were stopped a couple of times because of Leila. They always let her in (LOL) but they didn't like it.

You mean they did not want to babysit for Tiffany :rolleyes: LOL
I suppose they could turn down a small child entering with thier parent. Why though if the child is well behaved and the conference staff is fine with it. :twocents:

skaterbabs

Leila was an angel the entire time, they didn't want to let her in the exhibition hall because she didn't have a conference ID. lol

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Like they really expected a young child to have a ID. That is nuts! I will tall Casey to make sure she asks for one for the baby she may need it LOL

skaterbabs

LOL
They ignored babies in arms (slings) or strollers. I think it was cause Leila actually walks and talks they had issues. ;)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Huh... Hey Gypsy, have you thought about bringing my niece? Not sure she could get out of school for it.

In theory that's a great idea, in reality I could never afford to. I'd not only have to pay her, but pay her way, her food etc. That's not an option.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
She just wants to bring him one day. My step daughter will probably babysit the rest of the time. I just found out inventory at work with be April 15 and 16. Dang!!! I am going to be tired!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC