Do you sometimes wish you didn't know so much?

mish

I was just wondering if anyone sometimes wishes they didn't know so much about car seats. I swear I spend all of my time looking at other peoples car seats. I can't go anywhere without noticing some kind of misuse. Then when I notice, I am nervous about it. All I can think about is that poor kid and how much I am hoping the parents don't get in an accident.

I don't want anyone to think that I am not thrilled to be a technician and happy to help people. I just sometimes wish I didn't worry so much because of what I know. Sometimes it feels like it consumes my life a little too much.

Am I alone???

ADS

my3girls

I'm not a tech, but I am consumed as well!! Misuse and underuse (say 3 year olds in boosters) makes me SAD deep down inside!

ccjones

Yes, because then I wouldn't feel guilty if I used LATCH in my Honda Pilot up to 48lbs, which is the limit for the Radian... :whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I used to, but not so much now.

I'm glad that I know so much (and still learning) so that I can help the people that do want help.

I've just learned to turn a blind eye or change the topic of conversation if I get a parent/caregiver that obviously does not want more info.

Those are the times that I just remind myself, my kids are well protected, and I can't make everyone do it my way (even if it is the safest way). ;)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I used to, but not so much now.

I'm glad that I know so much (and still learning) so that I can help the people that do want help.

I've just learned to turn a blind eye or change the topic of conversation if I get a parent/caregiver that obviously does not want more info.

Those are the times that I just remind myself, my kids are well protected, and I can't make everyone do it my way (even if it is the safest way). ;)

:yeahthat:

I agree completely.

HEVY

My initial reaction is WTH, then anger about why some parents are so selfish and lazy, then confusion about why some parents don't know how to use it properly. Than last of all the guilt if I wasn't able to say something. I've learned a lot here, things I wouldn't have quessed but some things are common sense and if you actually READ the user guide and made an effort than maybe we wouldn't react so. What goes through my mind is 'it don't make sense'.

natysr

I understand where you are coming from, but to answer the questions for myself, I will say "Never!"

I honestly feel that my son is still alive today because of my obsession, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
You mean do I wish I didn't notice that the third-row seat belts in my brand-new car do not and will not fit my children?

Yeah, every time I have to crawl in the back to buckle my son in his 86Y. :doh:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC