Emailed Graco about Nautilus covers...

I LOVE MY GIRLS

Hi all,

SO I emailed Graco wanting to know about if and when they will make any "girly" colors for the Nautilus.. this is their reply

"Evie,
Thank you for contacting Graco. The Nautilus is a brand new carseat that just came out in January. At the present time it has only been ordered to be manufactured in shades of grey. Thank you for your interest.

Please include all correspondence when responding.

Thank you,
Leanne - Graco Consumer Service
"

So much for me waiting. I really want this Nautilus but was hoping that something was in the works at least for other colors.

ADS

mamaofthree

Bummed about the colors, but at least the Galaxy looks plush, so I'll be getting that one. It IS grey, but at least it doesn't have black in it! I think pink/grey and green/grey plush covers would be fabulous! Or a tan/blue and tan/pink too! Doesn't have to be patterned, just some color would be nice.

Kimberly

I LOVE MY GIRLS

I'm bummed too.

Anything but "gray" would be nice. Graco has such nice color boosters out there.. I wonder why they didnt come out with at least 1 other option for the Nautilus?

I guess Im gonna have to just glue on some girly patches. I really dont have that long a window to wait for a nicer color. Im gonna check out the galaxy as well when they hit Toys r us.

arly1983

I promise if this seat sales well, there will be a ton of covers.

When the safeseat first came out, it was all polyester grey/black and now look at all the colors.

ZephyrBlue

ITA w/Arly. If the seat sells, there's gonna be Disney Princess, Dora, flowered and all sorts of girly covers.

myliljunebugs

that was their response to me, but they did say they would forward the email to the correct dpt so that they would know there is a need out there. ;)

amy919

well, it works for me because DH bans anything girly in his car :p. We'll compromise by adding a few subtle patches to make Kaylie happy.

jwren

it seems silly to me that a manufacturer would want to wait to see how sales were before making different covers, it seems like the different options would help sell it? Not very good marketing in my book. but I guess as long as it's a good safe seat, it doesn't matter. I guess I am thinking of the kids, they like to pick out a neat color or print, it makes it boring for them if they are all just greys.... kwim?:rolleyes:

I hope Britax doesn't do the same thing with the frontier...

bp2002

You know perfectly well they can't sell a seat covered with bongs and condoms.

OMG. hahhaa.. i hit the monitor with some water...

i was thinking like.. big trucks and power tools maybe for the boys.. C would be all about that. (his dad would be all about the the above mentioned!)

C

christysmart

You guys all complain about this brand new seat not coming in girl prints. Try having a son. There nothing in any seat except the Marathon that comes in Allstar and the sports stuff is in the same color as the fabric. Light Blue or Tan. How boring is that. I have complained to Britax about not having boy prints. Hopefully this will change someday.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Eh, it makes sense to me. Getting a seat to production and market isn't done just by snap of the fingers, and more covers equals more production and more thing to keep track of.

Gender neutral colors also ensures that when there is a seat available for purchase it will be suitable for any family, whereas if they came out with girly covers at the same time and it was a family of a boy looking for a seat, they'd lose the sale.

It might not make us as happy having less selection in covers, but from a business perspective and just trying to get the seat to market, it makes perfect sense. Better to have 1000 seats that are suitable for everyone, then 200 for boys, 300 for girls and 500 gender neutral...

I also think, that aside from carseat geeks like us, a lot of parents buy the neutral colors anyways unless they're child is begging for a different cover. People are becoming increasingly concerned about matching the interior of their car and perhaps Graco is cluing in to that... the other possibility is that if you're intending for the seat to be used for a full 6yrs, how do you choose one theme that a 3yr old will appreciate as much as a 9yr old?

I'm sure they'll come out with more as they get production fully up to speed and actually get some stock in the pipeline, but makes perfect sense to keep things simple for the time being IMHO. :thumbsup:

(I read in the Frontier spoilers thread there's only 2 gender neutral covers that will be available for it as well at the start. ;))

Mae

it seems silly to me that a manufacturer would want to wait to see how sales were before making different covers, it seems like the different options would help sell it? Not very good marketing in my book. but I guess as long as it's a good safe seat, it doesn't matter. I guess I am thinking of the kids, they like to pick out a neat color or print, it makes it boring for them if they are all just greys.... kwim?:rolleyes:

I hope Britax doesn't do the same thing with the frontier...

ITA! Think of the parents that don't necessarily buy a seat because it's "safe", but because they HAVE to have one, so they buy one that the kids like ... YK? They'd see the GN, and not pay any attention to it because it's boyish, (even though they probably need that one) but then maybe they'd see a pretty, flowery, pink and girly one (say the scenera, and it's possibly too small) and buy that. Or even worse, they'd buy a booster. We all know people that have done this...

tjham

I can understand them going gender neutral at first.
But three - all with shades of gray? :thumbsdown:
At least one could have been tan. (darker tan or beige, not light like the Radian - shows the dirt too much)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I can understand them going gender neutral at first.
But three - all with shades of gray? :thumbsdown:
At least one could have been tan. (darker tan or beige, not light like the Radian - shows the dirt too much)

I agree.

I actually really prefer neutral seats. But I agree that at least one could have been tan/beige.

There are now FOUR gray options. They all look alike to me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC