Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Quest or Techno

Carseat Crazy

Quest or Techno

I am looking at getting a maclaren. Our current umbrella has seen years of heavy use and I would like something new for the baby.....(looking for an excuse to buy a new stroller). I have decided to go with the maclaren, but am unsure if I should get the quest or techno. Does anyone have any thoughts? I will also use it for my 4 year old at times and he is 43lbs and has wide shoulders. I know it won't be a great fit, but not much is with his size. Thanks!!

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
    Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
    Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
    Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Quest or Techno

If the baby your refering to is Colin and he's about 6mo now, I'd definitely get the Quest. That was actually the advice the sales person at buybuybaby gave me. The techno weighs 17lbs vc 12lbs of the quest. So unless you're using it for a newborn and need the flat recline feature, I'd get the Quest. It's rated from 3mo and it still reclines a lot, more than enough for naps. I love our Quest! Oh, the only other reason I'd get the techno is if you or dh are really tall and need the handle extension feature. But my dh is 5'11 and has no problems. Either way, you're getting a great stroller!
    DD 5.5yo, 38lbs, 43" - FF in a Radian XT and Frontier85 SICT
    DS 3yo, 33lbs, 38" - RF in Radian XT and Britax MT

Carseat Crazy

Thansk for the help! I am going to look at both again this week!

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
    Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
    Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
    Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

CPS Fanatic

I was going to say if you want it for a newborn, then go with the Techno, but I see by the other reply, that you child is not a newborn, I would go with the Quest then. I have a Techno and a Ryder, had a Quest and the seat on the Techno is more narrow than the Quest. You will be happy with either, but I think the Quest will fit your needs, it is also cheaper.
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

lovemyfamily..can you comment on the ryder vs the techno or quest? i have the techno and i do like it, but i feel like its too big. dd is 14 months and i really wish i would have gotten the quest. we didnt' get out much at all before 4 months and when we did i wore her.

so to the op...get the quest!! unless of course...you want to buy my techno. hehe

I love my quest
    Zoë - 07/01/2007 (17.2lbs - 28" Uses an Evenflo Triumph Advance Rear Facing in a Kia Sedona)