PortaMEe carrier?

ADS

TerisBoys

Looks very similar to the Sara's Ride I used to have (or a Hip Hammock).

LOVED it for my toddler! Less bulky than a sling, but still easier on the back than just carrying them.

Its ok. I don't like how the straps twist. The infant insert makes it hard to get the baby in and out. Once it's on tho, it's quite comfy. Replaced an original Baby Bjorn. The Bjorn sucked. The Portamee is infinitely more comfy. Plus, I'm a guy. There aren't that many decent carriers that aren't embarassing to wear.

I only kept it cuz of the price. It was on sale at PBK for $125 and we had a bunch of store credit we didn't know what to do with.

It's kinda crazy how luxe the materials are. DS spit up on a small area. I felt bad cuz spit up got on such nice materials.

melniemi

Its ok. I don't like how the straps twist. The infant insert makes it hard to get the baby in and out. Once it's on tho, it's quite comfy. Replaced an original Baby Bjorn. The Bjorn sucked. The Portamee is infinitely more comfy. Plus, I'm a guy. There aren't that many decent carriers that aren't embarassing to wear.

I only kept it cuz of the price. It was on sale at PBK for $125 and we had a bunch of store credit we didn't know what to do with.

It's kinda crazy how luxe the materials are. DS spit up on a small area. I felt bad cuz spit up got on such nice materials.

Does it bother your neck at all?

seamonkeys

:eek: For that price I'd go with an Ergo Baby!! It can be used on the hip too (http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/gallery/hip). Though this photo shows she's got it riding really low - you can see more proper use in the instructional video! The straps are super padded! I may actually have to start using it on the hip cause my DS has been pulling my hair when on my back! Even when I put it in a pig-tail he still hanks it out by the handful!!!!

Oh, and Ergo Baby is good for higher than the 35 lbs of this one you mentioned. Their website says 90 lbs now, though obviously that's a little big to be still carrying around!! :) Think it used to say 40lbs. And the new version has some better features than the last model I had!

Does it bother your neck at all?

Nope. You have to take the time to adjust it properly for you body, but once you get it on right, it's very comfy.

Our friend has the Ergo Baby. Since it's cheaper, it's what I might have gone for. I just had the store credit that made it cheap.

Still, there's something to be said for how luxurious this thing is.

melniemi

codex convinced me:eek:

And I had to have pink and brown so I bit the bullet and spoiled myself. I'm not a back carrier type person - have a back carrier and don't love it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

abharrington

another vote for the ERGO...we love love love ours. when we found out we were expecting #2, the first thing dh said was, gotta get another ergo :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC