Britax parts order (co-op) - UPDATE 27 Feb 2008

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
See post #22 for Nicole's update.

---------------------------------

Ok, for those interested in ordering parts from Britax...

At this point, I am tallying parts that you would wish to order from Britax. I don't know the details like cost of the parts, availability, shipping fee, etc. until I check with Britax. I don't even know if we are going to just limit the order to just smaller parts such as chest clips, harness straps, buckles, or extend to bigger/bulkier item like covers, but I can entertain your wish for now :whistle:

Here is what to do...

- PM me with your order
- co-op will be closed on Wed, Feb 13 at 7pm EST
- be prepared to pay as soon as I sort out the orders. Funded paypal only and no IOUs will be issued for unpaid order :p

Order would most likely be placed on late Thursday, Feb 14 for the parcel to be shipped out in time for Nicole's week off from school. If there is a shortage of parts, I will go down the PM list.

If your part(s) is not available or if there is a discrepancy in cost (+ or -), I will either refund you or ask for the extra you owe. Fair?

Since I'm a novice at this, if there is something missing or not making sense, post in this thread and we'll sort things out as we go along.

Do I sound like a control-freak out of order? Yeah, I am :love::p:):D;):eek:

Last edited:
ADS

tjham

Re: Britax parts order (co-op) - Info, please read

Good for you!

I love Britax seats but I think that they are so out of line with their shipping costs!

And it sounds like they have actually gone up? :confused:
Last time I did an order, the minimum was $8 now I hear it's $8.50.

Sheeesh! :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

I ran a chest clip coop back a few months ago, the chest clips can be mailed oversize lettermail if you wrap them flat in an envelope, and then it costs $1.10 to mail, a bit more if you're mailing more than 2.

Anything like covers or that is going to be thicker than 2cm's, is going to be cheaper for the person to order directly from Britax because Canada Post parcel is usually around $8 or so depending on where you're shipping to... (Just so that anyone ordering anything bigger is aware.)

The coop I ran we ended up with a total of 12? chest clips. (I don't remember for sure...) It worked out to $4 per chest clip for the cost of the clip plus shipping to each person. The shipping quoted on Britax's website is correct, so you'll be able to use that to keep track of when shipping changes. If you have a credit card paypal account (premier or business,) then you'll need to have people add paypal fees to their payments. If not you might need to specify that people can only send funded payments (e-checks, instant transfers, existing funds - basically anything except credit cards.)

Hope that helps give an idea of how the last one went. :thumbsup:

hipmaman

Thanks Trudy!!! Do you want to run this one too??? :) Seriously!

snowbird25ca

Thanks Trudy!!! Do you want to run this one too??? :) Seriously!

No, not really. :eek: I was glad when it was all done. Everyone who participated was great, but it's not something I'm ready to repeat just yet. ;)

QuassEE

All US items will go out USPS from 98230. Canadian items will go out USPS or CP depending on which is cheaper. Canadian items totaling over $3 collectible taxes I will declare by land and ship CP (no taxes)--this amount depends on the destination province and whether or not you have provincial sales tax.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

Don't forget that we close this today, Wed Feb 13 at 7pm EST. So PM me with your order

horseymom

I'm going to wait, I have a friend in the states that can order and send me some when i need them.

QuassEE

That's all we're doing, as well--just splitting the shipping.. Since re-mailing any small parts is cheaper than the initial $8.50. I have both US and Canadian addresses.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

Re: Britax parts order (co-op) - Info, please read - EXTENDED to 9PM EST

I pm'd you earler.
Thanks.

No problem. But I need confirmation that the chest clip for any of the Britax carseat would fit the Radian. I don't know this for certain. Anyone?

See my latest email.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member

I know the Marathon's WILL fit the Radian... I'm not positive if the other seats will fit, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same clip.

Hope that helps. :)

hipmaman

I know the Marathon's WILL fit the Radian... I'm not positive if the other seats will fit, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same clip.

Hope that helps. :)

It does as she only said to order the clip for the Radian and I have no idea which would fit :)

Off I go...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC