I think I made my new carseat decision

steph

Okay so I went and tried Ryan in the Signo, Radian and Marathon and I have to say I just LOVE:love: Britax.

The Signo (while being a great fit and loving the deep sides) is HUGE and I just think I would have a hard time getting him in rear facing. I also don't like the straps they seem thin and not as thick and strong as Britax - (I know they are, they just don't feel it).

I liked the Radian but I prefer the deeper sides of the Marathon and the chest clip bugs me (I don't like how it makes the harness on one side gap and not lie flat) but if the Marathon was a no go I would go with the radian.

My only concern is how long I will get out of the MA - he is a little below/maybe even with 3rd to top slots of the MA. I don't care if it only lasts me 2 - 3 years (since I do want more kiddos) but I want to make sure he won't outgrow it rear facing by height before weight (he is 35 inches with a 13 2/3 inch torso).

How long can a child last in the MA rear facing height wise????

Oh and to put my decision over the top I will finally get my coomooflauge cover (Ryan is obsessed with cows right now too) and still have a rear facing tether:thumbsup:

ADS

melniemi

My 3.5 yo is almost 40" and could still rf if she wasn't 35-36#s. She has probably 2" above her head yet and is even with the 2nd to top slots but I have her in the top slots. I :love: our cowmoo but we have 2 brookes now.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
My 3.5yr old would still fit in the MA RF if he wasn't over the weight limit. He would use the 2nd from top slots and has a good 2-3" of hard shell above his head.

steph

That makes me feel better. I have to keep remembering that their growth slows way done (generally speaking ).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC