I'm excited like only a CPS geek can be excited! I saw a Safe N Sound today!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I was doing a check with a pregnant lady and she asked how I got into this. Everyone asks that. LOL So I mentioned how it started slowly, with me being interested, then peeking into people's cars... So I peeked into the car next to her and they happened to actually have seats in there. The one closest to me was a Safe N Sound Maxi Ride!!! On the other side was a Mossy Oak (I think, it didn't pop out as an obvious cover) Roundabout.

I've never seen the Maxi Ride before. I'd never even looked it up. What a wild seat!

I was kind of hoping the owner of the car would come and see me gawking and could tell me where they got it and how long they've been in the US (long enough to have a FFing Roundabout but not too long as to still have a harness Safe N Sound. Though they may be using the RA with a too young child FFing). I did this check in my husband's office's parking lot, so I can go back there with reason and see if that car is there again. I do know an Aussie who works with him, but his kids were born here.

Anyway, I knew you guys would understand my excitement. I just happened to glance in. LOL

Oh, also, I didn't think this was possible, but the lady today had a new Snugride, though with a 2/2/07 DOM. She bought it in December from BRU and it was affected by the recall last year. I didn't think you could buy recalled seats after a recall was out?! Should she tell BRU? They said they had a bunch of them. But that was in December. She was disappointed to hear her seat was already a year old (she's due in 13 days).

Wendy

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
I was doing a check with a pregnant lady and she asked how I got into this. Everyone asks that. LOL So I mentioned how it started slowly, with me being interested, then peeking into people's cars... So I peeked into the car next to her and they happened to actually have seats in there. The one closest to me was a Safe N Sound Maxi Ride!!!
Wendy

Maxi RideR tehehehe you're just as bad as me when I see a foreign, american seat. Oh man anyone would think we're freaks ;)

HEVY

That is a VERY nice seat. Looks sooo comfy and it's big (As far as I can tell its up to about 57lbs??) But it's sits upright and has the arms that fold up like my SHB. It reminds me of the Regent but nicer. I would like one of those.

CRS

Senior Community Member
That is a VERY nice seat. Looks sooo comfy and it's big (As far as I can tell its up to about 57lbs??) But it's sits upright and has the arms that fold up like my SHB. It reminds me of the Regent but nicer. I would like one of those.

Which one do you mean?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I can see how it's similar to the Regent. It's smaller, though. And those armrests are weird. I've never seen a Britax with movable armrests before.

Maxi RideR then. LOL If it had higher weight limits it'd be a nice seat for here. I love the anti submarining strap. For little squirts like Piper that would be great.

Wendy

HEVY

LOL the seat reminds me of the Regent but I meant to say the upright position and the armrest remind me of my SHBB, my dd liked the armrest, I liked that it went up out of the way. With the exception of the weight to me it's the best of both seats. Yes I happened to love my SHBB.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
In the last month, I saw two foreign seats at work. One from Japan and one from Germany. The one from Japan had to have a locking clip all the time. It was fun to see!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC