The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
To keep the forum from being overwhelmed by multiple threads about the Britax harnessed/booster seat, all further chat on this seat should be confined to this thread. If/when it becomes overwhelmingly long, we'll lock it and start a new one.

I also want to remind everyone that much of what is posted here really is just speculation, and even "official" answers straight from the manufacturer are subject to change. It's fun to speculate about what the seat will be and to opine about the features we think the seat will have. However, until the seat actually hits shelves, we really are just guessing about its features. Rumors--even from trusted sources--can be, and often are, totally wrong.

No one knows for sure when this seat will hit shelves. It's even possible that Britax may scrap it altogether before it ever sees the light of day. No one can say for sure what vehicles it will fit in, how it will fit your child, what it will look like, how padded it will be, how comfortable it will be, how it will or won't adjust, or what kind of unexpected kinks it will still have when it is first released. We don't know how much it will cost or where it will be sold.

Please do NOT call Britax to ask them questions about this seat. Doing so serves only to irritate both you and the Customer Service Reps, because the CSRs don't know anything about it, but 100 million people keep asking them stupid questions about a product that literally doesn't even exist yet, and anything they do tell you is subject to change, which will tick you off when it's not exactly what you were told 6 months before the release.

Here's the link to the previous threads for reference:
Britax combo seat: The Frontier? (consolidated)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread

ADS

carseatcrazy

I don't post here much, but I am a very freguent lurker. I''m a tech in Nova Scotia. I've seen the order forms for the Frontier, it's expected in June and it will come in 2 colors, Canyon and Rushmore, one's grey ones brown. It will retail for around $309.00

Brandy, tech in Canada
Hayden almost 5 40lbs 42 inches
Harnessed in a Radian and occassionally rides in a onxy Parkway

crunchierthanthou

so, I'm guessing Rushmore is the gray one? Anyone want to bet they are variations on the recent tan and gray swirls?

where, oh where are the cute covers?

jwren

do they typically do the same thing here, or should we expect something different as far as colors and timing of on the shelf? thanks

I don't post here much, but I am a very freguent lurker. I''m a tech in Nova Scotia. I've seen the order forms for the Frontier, it's expected in June and it will come in 2 colors, Canyon and Rushmore, one's grey ones brown. It will retail for around $309.00

Brandy, tech in Canada
Hayden almost 5 40lbs 42 inches
Harnessed in a Radian and occassionally rides in a onxy Parkway

crunchierthanthou

do they typically do the same thing here, or should we expect something different as far as colors and timing of on the shelf? thanks

It's been over 5 years since a Britax released a seat available in both the US and Canada- and that's only if the MA went to Canada at the same time (which I'm not sure about). There is no precedent.

twom

One thing I'm wondering about is harness and belt guide heights. If they make it like the Monarch, it won't compare to the Regent height-wise, at least according to the Britax site. It says there that the Regent and Parkway are for up to 20" torso height, and the Monarch is for up to 19" torso height. So will this one actually be taller than the current Monarch?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I also want to remind everyone that much of what is posted here really is just speculation, and even "official" answers straight from the manufacturer are subject to change. It's fun to speculate about what the seat will be and to opine about the features we think the seat will have. However, until the seat actually hits shelves, we really are just guessing about its features. Rumors--even from trusted sources--can be, and often are, totally wrong.

:thumbsup:

Even more general details can be altered or misunderstood as they pass from manufacturer to distributor to retailer to customer. Last minute changes due to regulatory or other concerns are always a possibility, too. Until the specifications are finalized, not even the manufacturer can give all the fine details for what is likely to appear on retail shelves. As we get closer to that time, there will be more information available from Britax, retailers and advocates, so please stay tuned!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member

Hmmm... I was told by a retailer today (in Calgary) that he had no clue about the Frontier... it was not at the show in Toronto and he has not heard anything from Britax.

We ARE getting the Boulevard and the Diplomat, and the SK Monterey has been pushed back to May now.

melniemi

I called Britax yesterday with other questions, but asked about the Frontier too. Last time I called, they had no info. May told me yesterday that they had seen the seat, but hadn't been trained on it yet, so couldn't give out any "real" info. She did say it is kind of like a cross between the monarch and marathon, with wider wings, quite a bit smaller than the regent, has lock-offs, and is expected to be released the 2nd week of April. The harness height and weight it yet to be determined.

crunchierthanthou

I had a fruitful trip the local baby store today. He said the absolute earliest is end of March (which I'm actually a little reluctant to post), but most likely sometime this summer. :D

US MSRP = $299

Harnessed weights = 25-80

Booster weights = 40-100

0220081623.jpg

they had a side view too, but I'm not that good of a spy. :p oh, and I forgot to ask about LATCH capabilities. I was practically peeing myself at the excitement of actually seeing it.

Jacks

Mel...I was just goint to post the exact same thing and then read your post. Looks just like the Nautilus!!!!! Hmmmmm....

Chameleon

I'm going to hope that they are measuring the same as the MA on their slot measurement because that is low for me.

ZephyrBlue

Ohhhhhh, I'm tingling from seeing it! Wowie Zowie, as my DS would say.

Looks a bit like a Nautilus to me, too, but the headwings are way more contoured, like the PW and Monarch.

seamonkeys

Is it just me or does it look a lot like the nautilus??

Yes, but I think nicer. And did you see it shows 9 harness slots?!:thumbsup: Verses the Nautilus with 4 - probably wouldn't have the issue then with the headrest overlapping the harness when the shoulders are in-between slots!

mamaofthree

Yippee!!!!!!! Thanks for the photo and info! I can't wait to check it out IRL. More black and grey though, ugh!!!

Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC