Got a Nautilus

mish

I could resist no more, so this Saturday (after an all day wrestling tournament on cement bleachers!) I drove an hour and bought the Nautilus. I am in love.:D I was a little worried about putting it together, but it was really easy. Also, it installs very easy. I tried it on the outside position in my husban's truck and it was really difficult because the headrests were in the way and they won't come out. I didn't want to move it to the middle because I am afraid the two boys will be hitting each other constantly, but I did and it is rock solid! My DS is so happy. He just looks really snug and safe in it. I will try to post a picture soon.

ADS

zactayaus

How old is your son? I have purchased a GN on line at walmart for my 4yr 10mon (40" 36lbs) son but I won't have it for about a week and a half. I would love to see a picture!

mish

He was 4 in June. He weighs 34 pounds, has a 14 inch torso, and is 40 inches tall. He is on the second slot, barely. I think you would love the seat. We do!

zactayaus

Wow. Very close to my sons specs. My son has a 15 inch torso though. If you get a chance to take a picture with your son in the seat and you don't mind I would love to see how it fits him. I can't wait for mine!

mish

I will take one tonight and try to post it. It may be tomorrow before it is posted though.

Mama2J

Looking forward to seeing your pics! Your son is similar in size to mine too, but I think J's torso may be slightly longer. He will probably need the second from top slots I think. I can't wait till mine is ready for pickup! :love:

Yoshi

My daughter's torso measures 15.25" and here is a picture uninstalled- installed she moved up a quarter inch more- still under the second to top slot.
(second to top slots) She is 42" tall
100_1366.jpg

mish

I know I promised pics today, but it is really cold outside. I would have had to warm up the vehicle just to take him out to take his picture. I will have some later this evening or tomorrow.

jamesmommy

Looking forward to seeing your pics! Your son is similar in size to mine too, but I think J's torso may be slightly longer. He will probably need the second from top slots I think. I can't wait till mine is ready for pickup! :love:

My DS5 is 40", 36 lbs., is on the second from top slots. I really like the GN, and he seems to as well.

Jacks

I tried the recline on my GN and was able to keep DS at the second to top harness slots avoiding the too high headrest and headrest covering the harness issue. This might work for others too.:thumbsup:

mamaofthree

Yay! So glad you found a solution to your prob. I'm glad this got hashed out, so the rest of us know what to try if we have that prob.

Kimberly

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We just picked our Nautilus up tonight!!! I ordered at Walmart and had shipped to store. I bought it for my mom to replace the Radian that she totally hates. I don't think I want to give it up. I havn't had a chance to install it in our vehicles yet so I'll do that tomorrow. Karley is on the third to top slot. It's really nice for the price! I need to take photos.

mish

He is in the second slots from the bottom. I didn't use recline, because I don't think it would have fit on the seat. It barely does as it is. In the picture it looks like the slots are below his shoulders, but they aren't. They are just a little bit above. Also, the headrest comes to right above (and I mean right above!) the straps. If he grows just a little we will be moving up. And by the way, I am embarrassed by his hair. He really needs a cut!

I LOVE MY GIRLS

Thanks for sharing your pics... and I think his hair looks AWESOME!! I have a nephew who is tuning 6 and he just thinks having his hair a little longer than usual is the coolest thing in the world!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC