Best price for Uptown?

amy919

Anyone see anything better than $99? I can't find one any cheaper and no stores carry it around here. I'm desperate for a bargain!

ADS

lovinwaves

Maybe try posting a wanted listing in the Swap forum. Someone might be willing to ship you one that they picked up at their local walmart :)

Tammyfh

under $40? where are you guys finding this :p I can't even find one to compare the scenera with. I've been to 3 walmarts, 3 Targets, and a baby depot. The BRU is too far away. Also where is the swap forum?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm with you on the spotty Uptown availability. I've never seen an Uptown carried at any price at the local WalMart, and now to think that it's being clearanced at WM stores that did carry it. Silly Dorel and Walmart, it likely would have sold well here if they would have stocked it. :rolleyes:

Details about swap forum access are in this Admin. announcement: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=26521 Basically you'll need to become a senior member here or support car-seat.org to view and participate in the swap forum. :)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Silly Dorel and Walmart, it likely would have sold well here if they would have stocked it. :rolleyes:

Honestly? It's one of the best seats I've seen outside of the MA for RF (IMHO). Deep sides, nice comfy padding, EPS foam. Oh well...

minismom

Yeah, I can't find it for cheaper than 99 either. And only blue or navy covers. Are those the only choices?

Does anyone know if the DOMs are current or all old cause they're discountinuing?

jka1217

Yeah, I can't find it for cheaper than 99 either. And only blue or navy covers. Are those the only choices?

Does anyone know if the DOMs are current or all old cause they're discountinuing?

Blue is the only color I've seen. Don't know about DOMs, I bought mine a year ago.

Are they discontinuing it? I e-mailed Dorel in January because with the clearance at Wal-Mart, I thought maybe they were. I got a reply back from customer service that it is still being manufactured, it just doesn't appear on their website anymore because they only have room to put the newest seats up (which I thought sounded a little strange). Has someone heard otherwise from them on if they are continuing to make it?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Early on, they made it in a beige color. Then I think they switched to navy (it's the same color even if they say "blue" vs "navy").

amyg530

the ones i saw for $22 had DOMs of 12/06 and 1/07 so they were over a year old, BUT the 12/06 one sad DNU after dec 14 IIRC, they were good for 8 years, or at least thats what they said :rolleyes:

Tammyfh

amy where are you?

yes I've heard they are 8 year also... I only need it for 5 ;) so an older model still works for me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC