Help me shop for next seat--- you know you want to. . .

Which seat should I get? (read post first)

• Evenflo EFTA (both kids in EFTA in one vehicle, and in Britaxes in the other)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Britax BV (BV+BV in one vehicle, EFTA+RA in other)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Britax Regent (Regent+BV in one vehicle, EFTA+RA in other)

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Recaro Como/Signo (no idea about placement)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Synchro246

DS2 is going to be 30lbs soon. He's 27.5ish now. I hate the SS1 (ok, I don't actually *hate* the ss1, it's a great seat. I hate infant only seats with flimsy EPS) and I'm eager to get rid of the thing.

Right now I have four seats:
in my car (sedona)the BV and the RA as seen in my sig pic.
in my mom's car (astro) the EFTA FF and the SS1 RF.

I'm tempted to get another sandbox EFTA because I think it's a comfy seat that RFs to 35, but it isn't fun RF because of the adjuster.

OR I could get another BV. I love this seat. I have two matching, parkway, covers. . .Seamus is 40lbs and the top of his head is at the top of the shell.

I am tempted to get an onyx Regent for my car for Seamus (DS1) and move DS2 (Mickey) into the BV. Then my mom could use the RA RF & the EFTA FF for the kids.

OR I could get a GN. I think it's an UGLY seat though. Not that that *should* matter.

OR I could consider a Recaro convertable, though I have no idea how those fit in the Sedona or the Astro.

I'm going to make this a poll.

ADS

Synchro246

Ok, I screwed up and forgot to add the Graco Nautilus in the poll. I really don't think I want that seat anyway, but you can vote for it as "other"

I also meant to add option "wait to see what the Frontier is all about"-- use "other" for that too.

minismom

I think it SHOULD matter that you don't like the way the Nautilus look!! It only shouldn't if it was the only seat that would fit your car and child. Since you have choices, don't pick the one you don't like...

Sorry I don't have an opinion on which seat to get. Except I like matching, so 2 EFTA or 2 BLVD (or other combination of Britax seats with matching covers) is cute! I think the extra 2lbs RF of the EFTA will come handy though, since he's already 30lbs at 8mo. Oh wait, is your siggy outdated? how old is he now? So I think because of the higher weight limit my first choice would be the EFTA, unless you really hate the adjuster. Next choice would be the Regent, seems more wirth it than getting another BLVD since DS1 could use it much longer.

Synchro246

As of this moment it's 75% for a Regent & 25% for a BV. Oooooh, you guys are going to make it hard for me to decide. They are my top two choices.

How long do you think my 3 yo, 40 lb kiddo with top of head at top of shell has in the BV?

Synchro246

I think it SHOULD matter that you don't like the way the Nautilus look!! It only shouldn't if it was the only seat that would fit your car and child. Since you have choices, don't pick the one you don't like...

Sorry I don't have an opinion on which seat to get. Except I like matching, so 2 EFTA or 2 BLVD (or other combination of Britax seats with matching covers) is cute! I think the extra 2lbs RF of the EFTA will come handy though, since he's already 30lbs at 8mo. Oh wait, is your siggy outdated? how old is he now?

He's 8.5 months, he'll be 9mo in 10 days :p
Woot for someone who appreciates matching as much as I do. I've always wanted two matching seats :):eek::) I like the two onyx britaxes though so I could do regent too. That makes EFTA, Regent, and BV my top three choices.

ETA-- I updated my siggy :)

minismom

You're fast. I edited my post and added a sentence to the end I guess after you read it and responded.

Synchro246

You're fast too. :)
Ok, Regent is officially the front runner. The HW limit does make a difference for my fatso kids. Onyx is still available for the Regent, right?

Synchro246

Ooooh. Regent's the clear front runner. I don't know if I'm ready to make the move for the BEAST :p.
So, I''m at least waiting for the end of Feb sale. So my kids will be 9 & ~7 when the seat expires. Not bad, not bad.

ETA-- wait $139 @ albee baby right now. How much should it be during the spring sale? I'll be getting the AAA target online discount too--unless that's not ongoing. WDYT?

HEVY

I am tempted to get an onyx Regent for my car for Seamus (DS1) and move DS2 (Mickey) into the BV. Then my mom could use the RA RF & the EFTA FF for the kids.

:yeahthat:

Synchro246

So, I'm reading the Regent manual on line & I'm slightly overwhelmed. I need to get my hands on one of these suckers so I can feel the differences between SBP and LBP.

HEVY

If you're using it for your older ds and it's dom is after 6/18 then you have no worries, it needs to be SBP, in the ones after advisory can't use it LBP over 40lbs.

Wineaux

I chose OTHER, because you were pretty much forcing me to choose an Evenflo product, which I will never do.

Synchro246

So this morning I was replacing the covers on the RA and the BV and I really like the BV. I'm leaning a little more that way this morning. Seamus has ~2''of growth at the shoulders and a ~2-3 at the head. That could be two years, right?

natysr

So this morning I was replacing the covers on the RA and the BV and I really like the BV. I'm leaning a little more that way this morning. Seamus has ~2''of growth at the shoulders and a ~2-3 at the head. That could be two years, right?

I chose the regent. I know that technically the BV can be used until the tops of the ears are to the top of the shell. (unless harness is outgrown first) And obviously if that is allowed, than it was tested and it is safe, but....

for me, I just feel more comfortable if the entire head is within the seat shell.

That opinion is not actually based on anything, other than what I would feel comfortable with for my child. So...that is why I picked the Regent.

Synchro246

:whistle:
I'm going to go for the BV during the sale at the end of the month
:whistle:
Thanks for all the imput though :D
I really probably *shouldn't* go against 75+% vote for the Regent. Feel free to berate me later :cool:

abacus2

A 40lb 3yr old will not fit comfortably in a Blvd much longer. If you're buying a new seat for him go with a big kid seat, i.e. the Nautilus or the Regent. I really did not realize how cramped my 4 yr old was in her Decathlon until I bought her a Nautilus; she fits so much better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC