Think Britax will make a LATCHable booster to replace the PW and Monarch?

mamaofthree

I hope so! I've been so excited for the Frontier, but honestly, I will NOT buy it if it has the same harness adjuster as the MA. That thing is too much work for me. So I think we'll get G-Nauti's for the harness height and then move to LATCHable boosters. SK Monterey or whatever else may come. I hope Britax has a new booster in the works that LATCHes.

Kimberly

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I hope so! They have one in Europe, after all! They just can't leave us with only the Monarch as a booster choice...they just can't...they HAVE to come out with something better to take the Parkway's place...or I will cry. Hear me, Britax? You don't want me to cry, do you? :p:rolleyes::cool:

:D

jwren

For some reason this entire forum is under the wrong impression about the harness adjuster on the new seat, not sure how that happened... Anyway this has been confirmed by Britax...several times...

The Frontier will have the infinite harness strap height adjustment knob, which means there are no straps slots to rethread, the harness straps move with the headrest..

I hope so! I've been so excited for the Frontier, but honestly, I will NOT buy it if it has the same harness adjuster as the MA. That thing is too much work for me. So I think we'll get G-Nauti's for the harness height and then move to LATCHable boosters. SK Monterey or whatever else may come. I hope Britax has a new booster in the works that LATCHes.

Kimberly

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
For some reason this entire forum is under the wrong impression about the harness adjuster on the new seat, not sure how that happened... Anyway this has been confirmed by Britax...several times...

The Frontier will have the infinite harness strap height adjustment knob, which means there are no straps slots to rethread, the harness straps move with the headrest..

JWREN... Please stop posting to these threads and read at least one reply first. I've seen this same post on three separate threads now.

These people are NOT talking about the harness slots, but about the ACTUAL ADJUSTER on the front of the seat. :rolleyes:

ETA: Not trying to yell at you... just emphasizing the important parts. ;)

Chameleon

Nothing is ever CONFIRMED until the seat hits the shelf, until then it's just a rumor.;)

These people are NOT talking about the harness slots, but about the ACTUAL ADJUSTER on the front of the seat.
:yeahthat:

jwren

guess I misunderstood the question, was just trying to help...:rolleyes::whistle:
JWREN... Please stop posting to these threads and read at least one reply first. These people are NOT talking about the harness slots, but about the ACTUAL ADJUSTER on the front of the seat. :rolleyes:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
guess I misunderstood the question, was just trying to help...:rolleyes::whistle:

I understand that, but it's important to know what you are talking about. You are telling people that this board is under the wrong impression about the harness adjuster, when in fact, *you* do not know how it works.

Since you have stated you are unsure about how the mechanism works on the Boulevard, then maybe leave it for someone more knowledgeable to answer or just reply to one thread and wait for clarification. That way there is no misinformation being spread throughout the board. ;) :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
To put this back on topic...

I :love: the lack of armrests on our Parkway... it would be awesome if they came out with a LATCHable version. :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I understand that, but it's important to know what you are talking about. You are telling people that this board is under the wrong impression about the harness adjuster, when in fact, *you* do not know how it works.

Since you have stated you are unsure about how the mechanism works on the Boulevard, then maybe leave it for someone more knowledgeable to answer or just reply to one thread and wait for clarification. That way there is no misinformation being spread throughout the board. ;) :)

Absolutely.

NO ONE knows what the Frontier will actually be like, and no one *will* know until it hits the shelves. That's just the way it is. And it is, IMvhO, irresponsible to be recommending a seat that is not known and not available, and which you don't really understand.

And really, it's NOT "the rest of the forum" that doesn't understand about the harness adjuster.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe you want to take a trip to BRU or a nice baby store and play with a Boulevard? Then you could see how the headrest adjusts and see how the harness adjusts and get a feel for the differences between the two and see why some of us are so impressed with the Nautilus, for example, and it's smooth adjuster, and see why we love the BV for it's nice dialing headrest, but fairly hard to use adjuster. :thumbsup: (even play with a Roundabout, the standard bearer of smooth adjusters, and then you can be disappointed about the other Britaxes right along with us :D)

TerisBoys

Maybe you want to take a trip to BRU or a nice baby store and play with a Boulevard? Then you could see how the headrest adjusts and see how the harness adjusts and get a feel for the differences between the two and see why some of us are so impressed with the Nautilus, for example, and it's smooth adjuster, and see why we love the BV for it's nice dialing headrest, but fairly hard to use adjuster. :thumbsup: (even play with a Roundabout, the standard bearer of smooth adjusters, and then you can be disappointed about the other Britaxes right along with us :D)

:thumbsup:

Morganthe

I :love: the lack of armrests on our Parkway... it would be awesome if they came out with a LATCHable version. :)

I also love the lack of armrests on the parkway. But I doubt they'll be coming out with a LATCHable version since everyone thinks kids require armrests. I think it's the "THING" to obsess about along with cupholders in vehicles. Lord knows, how we adults survived from childhood to even now without armrests. :p

Personally, I prefer no armrests, I always feel hemmed in.

I think it's also wierd that I'm looking forward to the next generation of boosters with LATCH (and have had doubts about purchasing a Parkway lacking one) because I do not have a car with anchors, nor will I possess one in any foreseeable future. :p :eek:

mamaofthree

To put this back on topic...

I don't have a PW, but the lack of armrest really appeals to me. Seems much easier to manuever in and out of, plus easier to buckle.

Kimberly

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Personally, I really like the armrests on the Evenflo Confidence. Easy to buckle, but DD#2 is big on having a place for her elbows.

Brilliantmama

What is the big attraction to a LATCHable booster? :scratcheshead:

Is it the fact that it is attached to the car even when unoccupied?

Does it somehow keep kids in better in a crash?

Morganthe

Attraction for me:

1) Never worrying about moving out of its proper & correct spot while child is getting in seat & buckling. (I hate how they shift around and seem so flimsy)

2) Not having to remember to buckle it back up to prevent "Flying Object Syndrome" when it's empty.

3) Not trusting a seatbelt to safely contain child + booster seat together.

So it's nothing 'official', but more personal preferences. :shrug-shoulders: Besides, if it's good enough for Europe to have LATCHable booster seats for their children, why not US? (yes, pun totally intended :p)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
The flying object thing would do it for me. I love my PW, but yeah, having LATCH on it would be freakin' awesome!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

There's probably a good chance it's safer in a side impact (it will limit sideways-into-the-door movement and may prevent the head from slamming into the window/door/oncoming bumper...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC