Illinois "Be a Buckle Buddy" Hotline

kiramay

For those in Illnois, there is now an anonymous seatbelt hotline. 1-888-800-2642. (Or #333 from a Verison Wireless phone). When you spot someone with a improperly restrained child, call the hotline with the license plate number, vehicle description, city, and date. The hotline will forward the information to the local law enforcement, who then sends them a letter regarding proper child passenger safety information and laws.

I've already saved the number in my phone and plan to use it as often as needed.

[I also met my CPST class instructor and someone from here at the Safe Kids booth. :) ]

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
For those in Illnois, there is now an anonymous seatbelt hotline. 1-888-800-2642. (Or #333 from a Verison Wireless phone). When you spot someone with a improperly restrained child, call the hotline with the license plate number, vehicle description, city, and date. The hotline will forward the information to the local law enforcement, who then sends them a letter regarding proper child passenger safety information and laws.

I've already saved the number in my phone and plan to use it as often as needed.

[I also met my CPST class instructor and someone from here at the Safe Kids booth. :) ]

If it was the guy with the bad facial hair who gave you his business card at the CPS exhibit at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday, then it was me;-)

Also-

http://www.seatcheck.net/driver.html

JOII

Thanks, I just added to my phone, I will also use it often.

Darren, will you be at the auto show the whole time? I plan to go but dont know when. I'd love to go when I could say hello to some one from the board.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No, that was my only shift, sorry. I'd like to volunteer there more, but it's hard to get a babysitter for 6 hours (plus 2 driving) during the week and I have other plans next weekend:-(

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I carpooled with the instructor you mentioned. There were some unrestrained kids in the back of a Mercedes on the way home and neither of us had the toll free number in our cell phones:-( How bad is that? I'm going to enter it now while I remember it.

JOII

No, that was my only shift, sorry. I'd like to volunteer there more, but it's hard to get a babysitter for 6 hours (plus 2 driving) during the week and I have other plans next weekend:-(

Aww to bad I missed you. Well I am going to try and sign up for the CPS course in either April (Elgin) or June (Carol Stream) so it would be nice to go meet some folks either way. :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
There's a good chance I will be volunteering for the event in Carol Stream at the end of that class, as well as the one the week before in Aurora.

If you take the class in Elgin, Robert is a moderator here and is also the lead instructor for that class.

ffpmcps

Thanks for the link. Is the number new? They gave out a number during my class (may 07), but I lost it. So I am going to put it in my phone now :thumbsup:

I have a couple of co-workers going to the class in June in Carol Stream.

Darren I plan to work the Aurora check as well!

Hope to meet some of you along the way :)

Andrea

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Whoo hoo! I had no idea this existed. What a great idea!

How was the auto show? I'm thinking of going, but it's sooo coollldd. I just want to stay under the covers.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

How was the auto show? I'm thinking of going, but it's sooo coollldd. I just want to stay under the covers.

I didn't get to tour around as much as I would have liked, but it was pretty crowded and you can't beat it if you are looking for a new car.

kiramay

First, the Auto Show was awesome! I have a new dream car now (Cadillac CTS). :)

Second, can I borrow your sig? I'm a student nurse and its hilarious! I have 3 months left until graduation, thank goodness!

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I didn't get to tour around as much as I would have liked, but it was pretty crowded and you can't beat it if you are looking for a new car.

I'm only interested in the Madza 3 and buying one of those will be in a year from now. Maybe i'll go next year :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC