New FAQ Forum Suggestion.

Wineaux

Seeing the recent thread on where a stickied thread had gone, as well as various comments by folks in numerous threads trying to find threads that explain frequently asked subjects, I think we might want to create a FAQ forum.

I'm not even sure if you want to allow replies either. Just a forum of various posts and threads with car seat related info. Links to crash test videos, proper use of a coat in a car seat, the 5-point harness thread, how to become a CPST, and stuff of that nature.

This would make it easier for CPST's to gather information for presentations, find video's, as well as create FAQ's for CPST's and non-CPST's on various car seat related subjects. It would also be the place we can direct new members to who are searching for info.

Another nice thing is that it would clear out a lot of the stickied posts, and recently unstickied posts, cluttering up all the other forums. I'm just thinking it would be nice to have all of this stuff in one easy to search forum would make life a lot easier on us all.

ADS

LuvBug

it would be nice to have somewhere with all the frequently asked questions in one place, and uncluttered. I think no replies would be perfect, unless you were adding more information to the subject.
Maybe we could figure out a way to combine the FAQs and vehicle+carseat reviews idea?

Simplysomething

it would be nice to have somewhere with all the frequently asked questions in one place, and uncluttered. I think no replies would be perfect, unless you were adding more information to the subject.
Maybe we could figure out a way to combine the FAQs and vehicle+carseat reviews idea?

I agree. A Forum FAQ subforum would be very nice. I know there is a FAQ for car-safety.org, which is right at the top of the forum. But that's more car-seat and child safety.

And since there would be no replies, then that means that nothing would get shoved off to page two, because of 35 replies regarding one tiny point in the OP.

The Safety Articles subforum is over looked---at least by...people who are me.

So, I guess, I'd like two sections, a general forum FAQ and then the car-seat.safety faq (which might duplicate some of the things that are on the faqs page at the top of the forum).

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I will add "FAQ" to the title for the Safety Articles forum. If someone would like to compile an FAQ with an emphasis on using links to answer the the most common questions, that would be a nice addition.

Simplysomething

What about moving the section so that it would appear above the car-seats section, so that it is more visible, than where it is as a subforum with News stuff?

Wineaux

What about moving the section so that it would appear above the car-seats section, so that it is more visible, than where it is as a subforum with News stuff?
Good idea! New users tend to go straight to the Car Seat forum when they find us. Having a link to our FAQ section as one of the top links in that forum would go a long way towards answering questions they might have.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think that if the Safety Articles and FAQ was the main header and then have news, and a vehicle info as two sub-forums of the Safety Articles and FAQ, that would make/keep it visible and uncluttered.

I know I asked about this the other day and was told that the Safety Articles forum was originally put up for vehicle info... it just seems to have taken a different turn.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35564

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I think that if the Safety Articles and FAQ was the main header and then have news, and a vehicle info as two sub-forums of the Safety Articles and FAQ, that would make/keep it visible and uncluttered.

I know I asked about this the other day and was told that the Safety Articles forum was originally put up for vehicle info... it just seems to have taken a different turn.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35564

Well, that was ONE of the reasons it was created. I'll see what could be re-arranged. Nothing will please everyone, so it isn't likely to be major.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Good idea! New users tend to go straight to the Car Seat forum when they find us. Having a link to our FAQ section as one of the top links in that forum would go a long way towards answering questions they might have.

The Car Seats forum will always be the first one. It allows guests to post without registration and the intent is to make it as easy as possible for people to ask a question.

That said, perhaps a FAQ thread or sub forum can be made more obvious, especially from within the Carseats forum.

LuvBug

If people would just take the time to look for stuff, instead of assuming it isn't there just because it doesn't jump out and bite them...
(sorry not harping on anyone, just saying... cause even I do it)
It is hard to make all the important stuff obvious to everyone.

What I would like to see(since we are throwing out ideas here :p) is declutter a little in the sticky/announcements, rename some titles to be more descript, and go over specific purpose for each forum, it might be easier to find some of the frequent stuff quick.

I have a tendency to completely forget the SA forum is even there. When a new thread is approved, for some reason, it doesn't show up in the "new posts" option. That is the only way I check the forum for new threads, so I tend to miss those things.

ETA: the FAQ button on the toolbar at the top, can you customize it with any info you want?

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Well, that was ONE of the reasons it was created. I'll see what could be re-arranged. Nothing will please everyone, so it isn't likely to be major.

Please don't think I'm not satisfied... just throwing out suggestions in response to various threads/comments. :)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Please don't think I'm not satisfied... just throwing out suggestions in response to various threads/comments. :)

No worries at all, that's what this forum is for. Not all ideas may be implemented but it doesn't hurt to suggest things:)

Also, some types of changes can't be made until after I integrate the new updates, to avoid losing any previous updates.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC