turning the husband

jessclear

I had to share with everyone that I got through to my husband. He is a family medicine intern right now and I have been telling about the AAP recommendations and the risks of spinal injury, seatbelt syndrome, etc. Well, he calls me from work yesterday and says that he had a patient come in with a 15mo baby. He starts talking to them about baby things and it moves into car seats. He learns that they turned their DC at 12mo because the doctor told them to. My husband then explains all the benefits of RF and that AAP recommends it, etc. And they left the office to turn the car seat back RF!!! Yeah!!

I laughed and joked that I "turned him" and he plays it off by saying "I care about patients' safety and best practice" (as if it was his idea all along). My husband came home and asked all the rules about seat limits, rf limit, ff limit, booster limit, etc so that he could have the correct information when parents ask. Anyway, there's one more doctor out there who is spreading the word and it worked for this family.

Just had to share my pride. :)

ADS

Valentine

Turning the husband? Hmm, I'd wait til the minimum of 2 yrs (of marriage) and 30 lbs (weight gain)...oh, that's not what you meant? :p

miraclebabies

That is great that he understands the benifits of ERF. When I told DH that we were keeping DD ERF after she turns a year old he said oh is that safer?? I told him all the reasons why it is and he agreed whatever is the safest for her, he is willing to do.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Turning the husband? Hmm, I'd wait til the minimum of 2 yrs (of marriage) and 30 lbs (weight gain)...oh, that's not what you meant? :p

LOL

Congrats for convincing him! And congrats for him for convincing them. :)

Wendy

IsasMom

What's really cool is that when a family comes in and he's a 3rd year, he'll have interns and PA students listening in and they'll know something better to tell their patients... and so on...

jessclear

Yes, that's the best part. He taught a class about child development last month and they played a bingo-type game. He put in questions about when to turn a child's car seat, when to move to a booster, etc. No one knew the answers and it turned into a discussion. I plan to go to our local SK techs and look for pamphlets that he can put in the family clinic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC