Feels good to help someone.

HEVY

I went to BuyBuyBaby and decided to go look at the car seats and seen a young couple trying out a RA, I noticed that thier infant car seat had the straps on the highest level but didn't want to insult them. But as it turns out the dad had a bit of knowledge where as the mom was completely clueless. So we started talking in general and I threw in there the difference in how the straps are used and they were like really wow I didn't know that. We talked about a lot then when they realized the seat only went to 40lbs they decided to look at the MA. She had the EFTA and hated it so returned it. But after they chose the MA they were walking and noticed a pretty BV and I showed her the features on it and she liked it even more except for the pad, but she loved the head rest and harness. The only bad thing was the saleman was a bit upset, even though I'm sure he got his commission. He actually was pretty knowledgable too. So now they have a good seat, info on rf and ff and weight and all that good stuff, just hope now they do a good install. And As I was feeling good I get in my car and what do I see? A baby no more than 7-8 months in a BV ff and her brother, about 3 in something he got out of, I don't know if it was a booster or seat belt. I was going to say something but the baby had some type of really messy accident and they were cleaning her and the car. But I did leave a note saying it would be safer if the baby was rear-facing. I won't mention all the other babies I seen in my travels but I'm sure you can guess why.

ADS

minismom

Good for you for helping that couple!!! My favorite part of going to baby stores is hanging in the carseat aile waiting for someone I can give info too. Which bbb was it? The salesguy of the store in NYC argued with me that RF a tall child was dangerous because the legs would break. Argh! I had to through in the better broken leg then neck thing right in front of the dad! :D

lovinwaves

Which seat was the salesman pointing them towards?
That's great they were receptive to your info! :)

Was the baby's shoulders below the top harness slot in the infant seat?

HEVY

It was the one in Paramus, NJ. The salesman knew all that stuff, he did know a lot but I think he was more upset that they would buy one without him putting his info to get commission. But on that point the mom was like uhm I don't think so, but I explained that her dd wouls put her feet anyway comfortable to her and tried to convincer her that her dd might cross her legs so there really isn't a problem. They were really nice and glad they didn't buy the RA and have to switch so soon, at this point they weren't feeling the Regent as the next step, well she wasn't.(she doesn't like big seats) I think at this point she would rather switch to a booster when the BV is outgrown. But they have some time to learn. :)

scatterbunny

Many kids are 5-6 years old when they outgrown seats like the MA and BV and may do just fine in a booster. :p Mine was only 4 when she was too tall for those seats, though, so the Regent (well, Husky in our case) was a necessity (decided against the MA when she was 2 and outgrowing her Alpha Omega and got the Husky instead).

Good for you for helping out that couple! :thumbsup: Sometimes it's hard to work up the courage or know just what to say, but usually it's SO worth it. :D

HEVY

First, yes her shoulders were below the harness and the salesman was gonna let them get the RA, he wasn't suggesting anything else until they mentioned the weight issue. I also suggested the Radian just in case, give them more options. I almost did not say anything but I started off by mentioning my Regent and we went from there. I really wanted to talk to the other ppl I hope they think about the note I left. That baby was so small, could'nt have been more than 12-14lbs. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC