Nurse wants pamphlets to distribute at Ped. office

diaperjoys

We have a great pediatrician and nurse that we take our children too. Our nurse actually came over for dinner tonight, and I gave her a pamphlet on rear facing. She was very glad to receive it, and want to make copies and hand them out to patients.

She said she gets the most questions about switching from 5 pt. harnesses to boosters, and would like to have good information to give parents on that topic. I'd like to set her up with some good information - something she can copy, or a good sized stack she could distribute.

Can anyone recommend a good source? Or spam me with good links that are photocopiable??

Thanks so much!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

jwren

Ok I am making an email to send out to family and friends with these links and others... I also plan to print these links and pass them out at the preschool my son goes too... thanks so much.;)
Here is the email I made (leaving off the stuff that I get in trouble for here...like naming seats. etc...lol..) hope it also helps others here..being it's all together:

Very important..read this if you have children in boosters or car seats...print it and hand it out..
http://www.carseatsite.com/EH_handout.pdf
(enlarge to 125% to get best view...)

here is another for the ones with babies or toddlers under 35 lbs:
http://www.carseatsite.com/RF_Handout2.pdf
(enlarge to 125% to get best view...)

Also here is a Good Morning America special about the safety of the 5 pt harness..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDnBO76RFM

and for those I haven't sent this too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04&feature=related
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVCwZid4To&feature=related

another great website, great resource for educators, pregnant women and those with little ones, please pass this on:
http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Holly

I have a rear facing brochure in english and one in spanish but they are pdf documents, so I can only send them in an e-mail!
pm me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you!

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
All the mom who supplied these pics are very safety conscious. Any who submitted pics that even looked "off" where asked to take new and better pics.

The picture that is 2nd from the bottom, 2nd from the right (says 2 yr 7 mo 25 lbs 37" tall below it) is a Safety 1st Intera. It is a "4 in 1" seat that RF to 35 lb, FF to 40 lb, HBB and LBB to 80 or 100 lb. Top slots are around 16", and the seat does not have a the same head rest (and top position for booster mode rule that goes with it) as most of the other Dorel 3 in 1 seats.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
All the mom who supplied these pics are very safety conscious. Any who submitted pics that even looked "off" where asked to take new and better pics.

The picture that is 2nd from the bottom, 2nd from the right (says 2 yr 7 mo 25 lbs 37" tall below it) is a Safety 1st Intera. It is a "4 in 1" seat that RF to 35 lb, FF to 40 lb, HBB and LBB to 80 or 100 lb. Top slots are around 16", and the seat does not have a the same head rest (and top position for booster mode rule that goes with it) as most of the other Dorel 3 in 1 seats.

Ah, thanks. The Intera is not common around here at all. I've seen one, and that was in the store. I thought it odd that it may have slipped through like that, but I have seen odder things than a RFing Apex 65.

Thanks!

Wendy

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
(leaving off the stuff that I get in trouble for here...like naming seats. etc...lol..)

Naming seats is not a problem. No one would get in trouble for that alone. What is a problem is posting links, new threads and leading comments always relating to one particular organization or website or carseat. In fact, we rarely have issues with this at all, beyond a first explanation to a member who didn't know about the posted restrictions regarding advertising.

We are all very enthusiastic about our favorite CPS-related websites, charities, retailers, products, etc. Everyone one of them is doing a great service for protecting children from their #1 killer. I have favorites I would love to discuss and link frequently, but it is neither appropriate nor fair to other members who restrain themselves from doing this. Instead, Car-Seat.Org is happy to exchange reciprocal links with other websites relating to childhood injury prevention.

The problem is if everyone was permitted to spam their favorites and start new threads promoting them over and over, they would fill the forums with spam and advertising. So, yes, we do hope people read our sticky threads and announcements and follow the few guidelines that we do have in regards to posting. It's easier for the moderators that way, rather than having to respond to numerous emails and private messages to explain the policy over and over.

We do frequently have to move, remove, merge or edit posts that bypass the letter (or spirit) of our guidelines, but this is done routinely to be fair to all members who might also like to constantly speak out about something but choose instead to stay within the guidelines. Other times, this is done just to put information into a more relevant forum or thread and is not the result of any kind of violation of forum policy. In fact, it is usually other users who report these issues to get the attention of the moderators in the first place. Our policy on advertising is not so much different than other internet forums. We try our best to keep our forums free of advertising and spam and thank all of those who report these violations.

Car-Seat.Org is a not-for-profit entity as well. As such, we have had to rely on our members and sponsors for support, since our costs to stay on the internet skyrocketed in late 2007. Since then, we no longer allow members to use our resources to provide free advertsing for their own interests. It is unfortunate that this is sometimes the source of abuse, but to be fair to everyone we do enforce the policy on this routinely.

Wineaux

I have a rear facing brochure in english and one in spanish but they are pdf documents, so I can only send them in an e-mail!
pm me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you!
Actually, you could attach them to this thread. Use the little paperclip icon in the reply interface. It is located right next to the white smiley face.

Holly

Actually, you could attach them to this thread. Use the little paperclip icon in the reply interface. It is located right next to the white smiley face.

Oh, I didn't realize I could do that! LOL!
Lets see if this works!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC