Why oh why do people think this is OK???

elle7715

We were walking out to the car at Target last night and we passed a young dad and his daughter who looked about 12-15 months old. He was talking with her, she was babbling back, and I had an "aww" moment. Of course I tried to check out car seats. I was busy putting DD in and tried to look over the other cars without being too obvious. I couldn't see a seat but thought maybe he was using an infant seat for her. After putting bags in the trunk he set her in the car and did something. I thought, no way, that was WAY too fast to put her in anything. He ran and put the cart away and hopped in the car. Meanwhile MY kids are complaining/fussing about why I'm taking so long. I look down at them, and look up just in time to see the dad backing out. She was in a SEATBELT! :mad: I'm so upset at myself for not getting the license plate. This guy was in his early 20s, at least from what I saw was a very responsive, good dad, and he doesn't even HAVE a carseat for her? How can people think this is remotely OK? I complain about the 2-3 year olds I see in seat belts all the time but I have never seen a child this young without any type of seat. :thumbsdown:

ADS

mamaofthree

I've seen a lot of early booster use, and other misuse, but a 1 yo in a seatbelt!!??? That is horrifying!!

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC