Any experience with swings and bouncers?

Holly

I want to buy my friend a swing or bouncer but can't decide which to get. They dont have room for a full size swing, so I'm looking at travel swings. I Really like the Boppy swing and have heard great reviews, but I saw one in person at BRU and it wasnt sturdy at all, but it looked like it might just be their floor model and maybe they arent all like that. It seriously had some issues, I'm thinking it had to be put together wrong or something, because it was seriously broken looking. I'm also looking at the Fisher Price rainforest swing, and another fisher price swing.

I had the fisher price aquarium travel swing with my first baby and it was nice, but we didn't use it much, my baby liked her bouncer more.

With the 2nd baby, we borrowed a cradle swing and loved it, but we mostly used the side to side motion and the travel swings don't do that. We also mainly used the bouncer with the 2nd baby.

So, bouncers I am looking at are the Boppy, or any of the fisher price bouncers.
Any opinions on whether swing or bouncer is better, and then which bouncer or swing out of the ones I'm looking at is a good one?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7695518
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7756641
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5750781

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5420734
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7732464
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7732463

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The swings you picked are good. At my work, we have had no issues with any of those. We have had issues with Simplicity take along swings. I would steer clear of them!

We also carry all the bouncers you linked. I like the idea of the new Bright Starts, being up a little more. A lot of moms put a normal bouncer on a table. The Bright Stars one is tall, so I am hoping it will keep some people from putting one on a table.

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
We loved the Fisher Price Aquarium Travel Swing. It was so handy and we often took it with us on trips, because it's so portable. We used that every day for quite a few months.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Tucker has a FP rainforest take along swing. I had to buy it for her babies, not her. She also had the FP aquarium bouncer and I loved it!

Last edited:

Wineaux

We have the FP Rainforest bouncer that Ian LOVED! That thing was a lifesaver for us. We also had the Boppy swing that my DW and I really liked, but Ian just hated being in any type of swing. We lent the Boppy swing to our next door neighbor for their tiny newborn (They had a BIG FP swing that just ate the baby and I was worried it would slip out!), and their son really loves it. The Boppy had so many good features, as well as music that I could stand listening to over and over again.

LuvBug

DS hated swings with a passion, actually he hated swings of any kind(outdoor too) until he was over 2 years old lol! He liked his bouncy though.

DS, DNi, DNi, and DNe all used the aquarium version bouncer, which I suppose has been replaced by the rainforest. So it must be good! lol!

The travel swing we had was an original and did not have an open top, none of them liked it.

vonfirmath

From the reviews I am reading, the aquarium bouncer was liked much better than the rainforest one. Unfortunately, the aquarium is not still out there, except through Craig's list (where I got mine)

lovemyfamily

I was thinking of a travel swing so I could take it up and down the stairs, but after reading the reviews on some, I was looking at the Boppy one, I opted for another full size swing, we have 2 homes. There was several complaints and worries about once the babies are old enough to sit forward, the swings would tip forward. I loved to be able to use my swing even when my kiddos were older, and I could put them in it in the bathroom when I showered, so I figured I would just invest in another full size one, rather than a travel one now and then having to buy another later.

bearwithmoi

I would definitely get the take along aquarium swing over the other travel swings.

At about 4 months, my daughter figured out how to stop our take along swing that was designed like the ones you showed with the upside down v-type legs (another FP model). She would stick out her leg and grab onto the front side and stop the swing from moving. This made the swing essentially worthless. The take along aquarium is a much better design.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC