Graco Nautilus Galaxy cover

zactayaus

Has anyone else noticed that the new nautilus cover (galaxy) appears to have some type of leather material on it. I have never owned a carseat with that material. Doesn't it get extremely hot in the summer? Does anyone else think this could be an issue?

ADS

zactayaus

If you go on gracos web site you will see creases in the material in the area of where your childs head would rest. The material also looks a little shiny. The other 2 pics don't have any creases in the material in this area. I have emailed graco and asked about the material. I will post again when I receive a reply.

laurenrachey

I see what you are talking about. To me it looks similar to the fabric in the middle of the sahara or onyx regent in the location you are talking about. or just a smooth suede like part. Then trimmed with suede like fabric like on an eddie bauer 3in1. Possibly a more softer bit fuzzier suede.

hapaness

I thought it was leather too at first glance...now it looks more like a soft velvety material. Or that shiny crap that stains easily like on the Safeseat 1 that Target puts out.

zactayaus

I have heard back from the Graco rep about the material for the Galaxy cover and I will quote the email I received. "The Galaxy material is a blend of cotton and polyester. Some areas of the cover do have a higher polyester content then other areas. The polyester areas will have a "rougher" feel." End quote. So yeah, no leather.

mish

Do you think you will be able to order covers from graco? I got a nautilus this weekend at wal-mart, and I don't hate the cover, but I like the look of the Galaxy cover. I wouldn't mind switching them.

zactayaus

It would not hurt to ask. Go to Graco's website (gracobaby.com). On the left hand side towards the bottom click "customer service", then click "contact us", then in the middle of the page click "send email". They will answer your question within a couple of days.

indigoblossom

if we could order extra covers that would be awesome!

amazon is offering a pre-sale one the matrix and with no tax/free shipping, it seems like the best deal EXCEPT i can't stand that cover!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC