Need stroller help!

jb5416

This is a semi-cross-post with the Strollerswap yahoo group but I really didn't get much response there so I thought I would try this smaller group.

I have a tall, medium-weight 11.5 month-old. I love taking long fast walks primarily on pavement and packed dirt but also want something that can maneuver indoors (like in a store). I want something that can fold up so it can go in the back of my Sienna and also on an airplane if needed. We spend lots of time in Hawaii and live in CA so a decent sunshade is important. I love love love the way the mbus pushes but am put off by the width of it, the short seats, and the weenie sunshade. Someone suggested a Whizz, which looks super cool, but someone else posted a pic of their kid in one with his legs hanging down around the wheels and I thought that that might be my Elijah in a year or two. I also like the Baby Jogger City Elite, but am not sure how small it folds or whether or not it has that lovely push like the MBUS. I saw a BOB with a swiveling front wheel and bigger back wheels in a store but the whole thing was just huge. I am completely at a loss. Right now I have a Bumbleride Flyer which I think is cool but is so big and it likes to be on pavement or inside, traveling at a stately pace. I was hoping that I could use the Flyer for walks/outdoor adventures but it is just too civilized. I also have an old Chicco 2002 and one of those plaid English vogues, but they suck for this purpose even worse.

I would love to keep it under $400 but am willing to splurge for the right one (this is my last baby so I'm getting it all out of my system).

So there you go. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?
Thanks so much,
Jessie

ADS

lovinwaves

The Baby Jogger City Series Classic, or Elite will do the job you are describing. The only problem is it won't do well on an airplane. I would get a Baby Jogger, then get a Quinny Zapp for the airplane :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC