DS hit 29lbs at 16 months old

PixieEMT

I took DS over to the local ER after I got off work tonight for an acurate weigh in. Fully clothed, shoes, fully belly and wet diaper. I know the nurses from working on the ambulance. They were curious to know why I needed an acurate weight. I explained b/c of the RF limit on his seats. (Well, one seat the Comfort Sport)

Naturally, I get the "he's over one you can turn him" and "he's legs are bent, they'll break" hogwash! Well, they didn't know I was a CPST. I kindly explained the ERF facts (neck/spine injuries) and dispelled the famous "THEIR LEGS WILL BREAK" myth! lol I advised them that the AAP recommends RF to the maximum limits allowed by their convertible seat.

One nurse asked "Doesn't he get bored?" I said "No, b/c he's to busy making his seat bounce by kicking the back of the seat!" (It's a game we play. He bounces and I say "HEY, what are you doing! Then he laughs like a nut!" :D

Anyway I ran to K-mart to buy a Scenera for $44. I can't bare the thoughts of turning him FF in my sister's car. I'm taking the Comfortsport out of her car and popping the Touriva in. The new Scenera is for DH car.

DSC03104.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

ADS

jka1217

Sounds like we're in the same boat...at my DD's 15 month appt last week, she weighed in at 29 lbs too! I'm hoping she gains very slowly in the upcoming months.

PixieEMT

I gave the one RN info about HWH seats. :D Her DS is only 2 1/2 but she said she's in the market for a new seat. I told her to check out albeebaby.com.

I'm dropping off a packet of info about the GN, APEX and Regent for her. I just need some solid info in print about the dangers of premature booster seat graduation. :scratcheshead: Something besides just saying go to kyledavidmiller.com. Even though that is one great site. *sigh

PixieEMT

My DS is going to be solid. That's why I'm kicking around the idea of what to do for FF seats. Everyone says "Most of the time they out grow them by height, not by weight."

It's like should I spend the money on a Regent when the time comes? :scratcheshead:Or go with a GN or Apex? I did buy an APEX at 79.99 on albeebaby.com today for the future. I bought it for my sister's car. She's about the only person that takes DS for me. I won't get a HWH seat at that price.

I should measure the torso height on my DN when he comes home on Sunday. Our son's are very similar, not fat, just solid. He's 7 y/o , 81 lbs and 4'4''. If he's like 19-20" torso I'm going to invest in the Regent....when the time comes.

jka1217

I know what you mean. My DD seems to be a solid one too. To top it off, she's always had a nice long torso. She just lines up with the third slots on the Scenera.

I just got her a Radian80, found it on sale and I couldn't resist. Although if she makes it to 33 pounds too fast, would I be nuts for switching her back into her Uptown or Scenera in my car to get that extra 2 pounds?

I'm hoping that the Radian80 will last until booster, although I'm not putting any bets on it. Although by that time, there could be all kinds of new options available.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
My DS is going to be solid. That's why I'm kicking around the idea of what to do for FF seats. Everyone says "Most of the time they out grow them by height, not by weight."

It's like should I spend the money on a Regent when the time comes? :scratcheshead:Or go with a GN or Apex? I did buy an APEX at 79.99 on albeebaby.com today for the future. I bought it for my sister's car. She's about the only person that takes DS for me. I won't get a HWH seat at that price.

I should measure the torso height on my DN when he comes home on Sunday. Our son's are very similar, not fat, just solid. He's 7 y/o , 81 lbs and 4'4''. If he's like 19-20" torso I'm going to invest in the Regent....when the time comes.

Great buy on the Apex. Remember it must be used with the support of a headrest or tall seatback behind it. ;). I believe they have the 34 inch tall requirement to use it as well. If your DS is 81 lbs at 7 yo them I would look into other options. Maybe a vest or if her is mautre enough a BPB. A Regent it only rated to 80 lbs.

You have a ways to go though. I think by the time you need a new seat that there will many other great options available. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC