Please tell me I don't need one....

arly1983

A roundabout that is.

I have a perfectly good marathon with 3 covers and a perfectly wonderful EFTA. Why do I need a roundabout? I don't.

But for some reason I WANT one.

I don't like the advocate in person at all.....sigh.....I think I need to go to the BRU I have right down the road and take pictures just so I can get this out of my system and you guys can tell me what a waste of money it would be.

ADS

amy919

Sorry, Arly. It's my favorite seat ever and I would absolutely buy it again. I'm going away now since I'm no help to you. Oh, but the Britax sale would make it oh so tempting...

o_mom

Everyone needs a Roundabout. It is my all time favorite seat. I will be so sad when it finally goes. I am already thinking about how I can spruce it up for DS3. :) Mine hasn't really been a waste at all. I bought it in early 2004 and it has been in continuous use since then. It has 2 more years which DS3 should use up (DS2 is still RF in it at 2 yrs 9 mos).

That didn't help you at all, did it?

TerisBoys

The Roundabout will be outgrown much sooner than your other seats. You don't NEED one.

But I agree with Amy - it's my absolute favorite and if I had another child (NOT happening) I'd pick it over any of the big Britax seats anyday.

*Going away to play in the corner with Amy since I didn't help either*

arly1983

Yep, you guys are no help at all.

The sale is tempting me horribly and yes, I am going to be TTC soon (just as soon as tricare insurance hits I will be getting this horrible IUD out)

Camille is soooo short in the torso I am almost positive she will hit 33 lbs before she outgrows the shell.

I loved the one that I had with Jackson and only got rid of it because of an accident and replaced with a Marathon.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I could tell you you dod not need one, because that is what you want to hear. However, I know if you realy want one you are going to get it. Wait for the sale if you do.

amy919

Yep, you guys are no help at all.

The sale is tempting me horribly and yes, I am going to be TTC soon (just as soon as tricare insurance hits I will be getting this horrible IUD out)

Camille is soooo short in the torso I am almost positive she will hit 33 lbs before she outgrows the shell.

I loved the one that I had with Jackson and only got rid of it because of an accident and replaced with a Marathon.

I know that I'll likely buy another if we have a 3rd. I'm not a fan of the infant bucket, so I will buy a cheap one knowing that I will only use it for a couple of months, then I'll "NEED" the RA. I have pretty small kids and I just like them better in the RA than the MA, at least for the first couple of years.

OK, back to the corner I go...

super_grape

we LOVE our roundabout too!!

in fact, allie's boulevard is sitting in the
garage because i missed the ra so much
and just HAD to use it...at 2 she's a little shorty
and still has some room to grow before
she's too tall to rf in it:).

CandCfam

As nice as I am sure it is, you don't need a Roundabout.

That's alotta money to spend on a seat when you already have a perfectly good Marathon.

But, I am biased, :love:we've loved our Marathons, and wouldn't have money to spend on a seat just because - as much as I would dearly love to.:(

TerisBoys

Though of course, if you happened to find one of the elusive $60 ones at Sears....Cheaper than most infant seats and fits newbies remarkably well :)

Ok ok - back to my corner...Being counterproductive again!

arly1983

Though of course, if you happened to find one of the elusive $60 ones at Sears....Cheaper than most infant seats and fits newbies remarkably well :)

Ok ok - back to my corner...Being counterproductive again!

FLOL, I have possibly looked in every sears in Georgia and have found NONE with RAs or PWs on sale. :(

o_mom

Watch Target in July/August. That is when they clearance the carseats. I'm sure you could find something to replace the "old man pants" cover they have.

MaryAnn

I'm no help but I wanted to tell you that I've been wanting a Roundabout for some time now. I just can't justify buying one--my son is probably very close to outgrowing it. Still, I really, really want one. I love the looks of it and I would love to try out the harness adjuster everybody raves about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC