What are the harness heights of..............

steph

I know there is a link or page somewhere around here that lists the harness heights of the various seats - does anyone have it?

I need the harness height for the Marathon, Radian and Recaro.

TIA

ADS

jwren

I physically measured my Marathon and got 16 3/4" almost 17..that is the top slot height, the harness height is 49"
Which recaro?
Radian 80 is 53" with 18" to top slot height.

steph

The como or signo.

I needed to torso height of the seats so that is perfect! Thanks!

Is the radian 65 the same as the 80

jwren

I found these heights (other than the marathon, cause I own it) by searching on www.elitecarseats.com for the name of the seat, then look at specs. If you need help finding the rest let me know..

The como or signo.

I needed to torso height of the seats so that is perfect! Thanks!

Is the radian 65 the same as the 80

scatterbunny

The Radian65 and Radian80 have the exact same harness height.

Hopefully this will be helpful:

H was too tall for a Marathon somewhere around 4y9mo, about 46 inches tall. Her shoulders were over the top slots, with a torso height of about 16.75 inches.

She only recently got too tall for a Radian at 50.5 inches tall and about 6.5 years old (just a week or so ago her shoulders were about 1.5 inches above the top slots, and they allow shoulders an inch over).

She is not particularly long-torsoed at this age, in fact, she is mostly leg. All her jeans are way too loose in the waist if they are long enough in the leg.

From what I've heard, she would still have torso room in the Como and Signo, but how much, I'm not sure.

steph

The Radian65 and Radian80 have the exact same harness height.

Hopefully this will be helpful:

H was too tall for a Marathon somewhere around 4y9mo, about 46 inches tall. Her shoulders were over the top slots, with a torso height of about 16.75 inches.

She only recently got too tall for a Radian at 50.5 inches tall and about 6.5 years old (just a week or so ago her shoulders were about 1.5 inches above the top slots, and they allow shoulders an inch over).

She is not particularly long-torsoed at this age, in fact, she is mostly leg. All her jeans are way too loose in the waist if they are long enough in the leg.

From what I've heard, she would still have torso room in the Como and Signo, but how much, I'm not sure.

Thanks - it helps some. I just can't decide what I'm going to do:rolleyes: - Radian, Marathon or Recaro (and forego the rf tether).

scatterbunny

If you've got the room for the Radian RF and can get a good install, I really do like it. :thumbsup: Otherwise I'd go with a MA. I've just heard too much negative about the Recaro to be brave enough to go for one, even though they seem very comfy and have tall top slots.

steph

How's the chest clip on the Radian???

My neighbor has one so I may try hers out in our car......

It hurts though because I really want the cowmooflauge cover:whistle:

scatterbunny

The chest clip isn't wonderful, but Russ has given permission to use a Britax clip in the past, and I wouldn't hesitate. :whistle:

Though, I totally understand the lure of Cowmooflage. ;) I'd buy a Regent in a heartbeat if it came in Cowmoo. :D

csma

The Recaro Como is really reclined when installed FF. Due to the angle, my DD didn't have that much more room in it than in a MA. However, the shell would allow her to still be RF, while she's too tall for the MA. (40", ~15" torso, 30lbs, 3yrs.). I also think the Recaro seats do not have as much leg room when RF as the Britax or Radian. She's fine with the Radian chest clip, and she would let me know if she weren't comfortable. She is still RF in this seat in DH car.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I physically measured my Marathon and got 16 3/4" almost 17..that is the top slot height, the harness height is 49"
Which recaro?
Radian 80 is 53" with 18" to top slot height.

I have got the same on the MA's. The Radians are actually 17 inches though. SKJP says 18 inches becuse they allow your child to go above the top harness slot in thier seats. Here is a naked RN 65. The tape was originally tight, but I could not tal the pic and hold the tape.
2244408985_5c61dbbded.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC